TOR Chardonnay 'Durrell Vineyard'Regular price $78.99
This item is currently sold out. Please use the "ASK A QUESTION" feature below to inquire about future availability or similar items.
'Tor’s block of the Durell vineyard is on the “Sand Hill” section of the vineyard, looking down on the Sonoma Valley. The soil is Goulding clay loam, mixed with diatomaceous earth, and millions of years ago, it formed a sand bar reaching into the prehistoric lake that covered the town of Sonoma. Tor favors the Wente clone in this vineyard, which is a selection of plant material that sets a small crop with small berries. The result is a high skin-to-flesh ratio and great concentration of varietal character. The single new barrel cooper used is Saury. The 2016 Tor Chardonnay Durell Vineyard is closed on the nose, giving lemon peel, grapefruit, slate, white peaches and baking bread aromas. Full-bodied, it's rich, satiny and spicy in the mouth with a long, savory finish.' - Robert Parker's Wine Advocate - 95 points
Similar Selections to Try
- Other White Wine
- Other wines with Chardonnay grapes
- Other wines from Sonoma County or California
- All discounts will be applied when we process your payment. We will confirm your new total, with discounts, when we receive your order.
- 10% off any mixed 6 bottles, 20% off any mixed 12 bottles unless already discounted.
- Please note, we do not ship or process payments online. Pay when you pick up or over the phone.
Type: White Wine
Region: Sonoma County
Farming Practices: Sustainable