Ridge Three Valleys Red BlendRegular price $31.99
This item is currently sold out. Please use the "ASK A QUESTION" feature below to inquire about future availability or similar items.
Though Ridge began as a Cabernet winery, by the mid-60s, it had produced several Zinfandels including the Geyserville. In 1972, Lytton Springs joined the line-up and the two came to represent an important part of Ridge production. Known primarily for its red wines, Ridge has also made limited amounts of Chardonnay since 1962.
The Ridge approach is straightforward: find the most intense and flavorful grapes, guide the natural process, draw all the fruit's richness into the wine. Decisions on when to pick, when to press, when to rack, what varietals and what parcels to include and when to bottle, are based on taste. To retain the nuances that increase complexity, Ridge winemakers handle the grapes and wine as gently as possible. There are no recipes, only attention and sensitivity.
The 2020 Three Valleys has zero detectable signs of smoke taint. It's as good, if not better than the 2019. "This focused, firm and tannic wine exudes black pepper and wood-smoke aromas followed by rather tight espresso, blueberry and cacao flavors. Made from 74% Zinfandel and other California heritage-grape varieties, it has the bones of a cool-climate wine and should improve through at least 2028." - Wine Enthusiast - 93 points
Similar Selections to Try
- Other Red Wine
- Other wines with Carignane, Mataro, Petite Sirah, Zinfandel grapes
- Other wines from Sonoma County or California
- All discounts will be applied when we process your payment. We will confirm your new total, with discounts, when we receive your order.
- 10% off any mixed 6 bottles, 20% off any mixed 12 bottles unless already discounted.
- Please note, we do not ship or process payments online. Pay when you pick up or over the phone.