Mercat Cava Brut NatureRegular price $16.99
This item is currently sold out. Please use the "ASK A QUESTION" feature below to inquire about future availability or similar items.
Inspired by Barcelona’s Mercat de Sant Josep de la Boqueria – the quintessentially Catalan market destination where locals (and tourists alike) gather to eat, shop and gossip. Mercat Cava aims to evoke the same spirit of community, liveliness, and tradition. The Cava is made using traditional methods in the cellars of El Xamfra, where Francisco Dominguez hand crafts every bottle with the utmost attention and care. The Mercat Cava spends a minimum of 18 months aging on its lees and is finished with a very low dosage, allowing the chalky soils on which the old indigenous vines are grown, to shine through on the palate.
'From vines planted on clay and limestone around the village of Sant Sadurni d’Anoia, this is a classic blend of 50 percent xarel.lo, 40 percent macabeo, with parellada making up the rest. It aged for 18 months on its lees and developed slight hints of flor, as if it were a bubbly interpretation of a Fino. It moves through the mouth in cool waves of flavor, the texture firm yet creamy. It’s a rich, layered sparkler to serve with suquet de peix, a classic Catalàn fish soup with clams.' - Wine & Spirits - 92 points
Similar Selections to Try
- Other Sparkling Wine
- Other wines with Macabeo, Parellada, Xarel-lo grapes
- Other wines from or Spain
- All discounts will be applied when we process your payment. We will confirm your new total, with discounts, when we receive your order.
- 10% off any mixed 6 bottles, 20% off any mixed 12 bottles unless already discounted.
- Please note, we do not ship or process payments online. Pay when you pick up or over the phone.
Type: Sparkling Wine
Farming Practices: Sustainable