Los Bermejos Diego Seco EcologicoRegular price $29.99
This item is currently sold out. Please use the "ASK A QUESTION" feature below to inquire about future availability or similar items.
Owned and run by winemaker Ignacio Valdera, Bermejos is on the easternmost island of Lanzarote. Only 125km from the African coast, conditions here are extreme. A volcanic explosion that lasted from 1730-1736 covered the entire island in lava and ash 3-5 meters deep. Consequently, each vine must be planted in a hole or hoyo that breaks through that infertile volcanic crust of petrified lava to the organic matter that can nourish it. The wind, which acts as a natural fungicide, is so ferocious that each hoyo is surrounded by rock walls for protection.
This is an "extreme wine!" The fact that wine is even produced here is a testament to the passion and commitment that producers like Valdera have. 100% Diego, a grape that is native to the island of Lanzarote, this is both creamy and tart and full of ripe fruit balanced by intense minerality.
Similar Selections to Try
- Other White Wine
- Other wines with Diego grapes
- Other wines from Canary Islands or Spain
- All discounts will be applied when we process your payment. We will confirm your new total, with discounts, when we receive your order.
- 10% off any mixed 6 bottles, 20% off any mixed 12 bottles unless already discounted.
- Please note, we do not ship or process payments online. Pay when you pick up or over the phone.