J. Christopher 'Basalte' Pinot NoirRegular price $33.99
This item is currently sold out. Please use the "ASK A QUESTION" feature below to inquire about future availability or similar items.
Located in Oregon’s Northern Willamette Valley, J. Christopher Wines is a boutique winery that specializes in Pinot Noir made in the traditional style of Burgundy, and in Sauvignon Blanc modeled after the superlative wines of Sancerre. The winery is owned by world renowned Ernst Loosen, of Weingut Dr. Loosen in Germany. Erni’s lifetime passion for the wines of Burgundy has led to a philosophy to produce elegant, nuanced wines in a distinctly Old World style with an emphasis on lower alcohol and a modest amount of oak. The wines have garnered an international reputation for their purity, balance and food-friendly drinkability.
'From a selection of basalt-rich vineyards, including estate sources, this wine recalls pine-top mountain ridges in its haunting scent of pine tips and cedar. The black cherry flavors are forward and lush, then gathered by fruit-skin tannins as the wine finishes in an elegant mode.' - 93 points - Wine & Spirits
'Sleek, refined and expressive, with lively raspberry, crushed stone and herb tea accents that build structure on a long finish. Drink now through 2027.' - 92 points - Wine Spectator
Similar Selections to Try
- Other Red Wine
- Other wines with Pinot Noir grapes
- Other wines from Willamette Valley or Oregon
- All discounts will be applied when we process your payment. We will confirm your new total, with discounts, when we receive your order.
- 10% off any mixed 6 bottles, 20% off any mixed 12 bottles unless already discounted.
- Please note, we do not ship or process payments online. Pay when you pick up or over the phone.