Domaine Franck Millet SancerreRegular price $23.99
This item is currently sold out. Please use the "ASK A QUESTION" feature below to inquire about future availability or similar items.
Franck and Betty Millet took over this estate in 1991. They definitely aren’t the oldest producer in the appellation, but their wine certainly shows that they know what they are doing. Their vineyards are located in the village of Bué, just a couple miles from the town of Sancerre and two hours south of Paris. Along with Chavignol, Bué has the best terroir and produces some of the most complex Sancerres out there.
It’s all about the dirt here folks! And the ancient, rocky, limestone soils found in the vineyards here are what makes the magic happen. It’s these well-drained, mineral-rich, organically farmed soils that give wines like this one such distinctive personalities. You can make Sauvignon Blanc pretty much anywhere. But you can only make Sancerre in Sancerre! And when we talk about Sauvignon Blanc from Sancerre, you will often see descriptors like mineral, flint, and wet rock.
It’s this mineral complexity that really gets people hooked. And it’s certainly present in the Franck Millet Sancerre, but that’s not all that’s going on. There is ripe fruit here too. I pick up notes of apple, pear, and ripe citrus along with a gentle spicy note that really come out to play on the finish. All in all, this is fleshy and full-flavored, but it stays super fresh and zingy at the same time.
Similar Selections to Try
- Other White Wine
- Other wines with Sauvignon Blanc grapes
- Other wines from Loire Valley or France
- All discounts will be applied when we process your payment. We will confirm your new total, with discounts, when we receive your order.
- 10% off any mixed 6 bottles, 20% off any mixed 12 bottles unless already discounted.
- Please note, we do not ship or process payments online. Pay when you pick up or over the phone.