Domaine Bernard Baudry Chinon 'Les Granges'Regular price $26.99
This item is currently sold out. Please use the "ASK A QUESTION" feature below to inquire about future availability or similar items.
Bernard Baudry is unquestionably one of Chinon’s most outstanding producers. Not only does he have the talent to make delicious and consistent wines, vintage to vintage, but he is also fortunate enough to have vineyard land that showcases many of the varied soil types of the appellation.
Their Les Granges bottling is 100% Cabernet Franc from the estate's younger vines, those planted in 1985 and 1988....so not that young by any means. 'The 2020 version is quite stylish, offering up a deep and nascently complex bouquet of sweet dark berries, cassis, tree bark, cigar smoke and a lovely base of gravelly soil. On the palate the wine is bright, fullish and tangy, with a good core, fine soil signature and grip, moderate tannins and a long, well-balanced and classy finish. Though this is certainly approachable out of the blocks, a couple of years in the cellar will certainly pay dividends with more complexity and melted tannins. It is so nicely balanced in 2020 that I could easily see it keeping twenty-five years in bottle, despite it being made to drink young! 2021-2045.' - John Gilman - View From The Cellar - 91 points
Similar Selections to Try
- Other Red Wine
- Other wines with Cabernet Franc grapes
- Other wines from Loire Valley or France
- All discounts will be applied when we process your payment. We will confirm your new total, with discounts, when we receive your order.
- 10% off any mixed 6 bottles, 20% off any mixed 12 bottles unless already discounted.
- Please note, we do not ship or process payments online. Pay when you pick up or over the phone.