Chateau de Chaintres Saumur-Champigny 'Vieilles Vignes'Regular price $29.99
This item is currently sold out. Please use the "ASK A QUESTION" feature below to inquire about future availability or similar items.
'The vines that plunge the deepest into the tuffeau below are bottled separately, with the “Vieilles Vignes” cuvée comprising parcels ranging from 50 to 80 years of age. Maceration is extended here up to 30 days (the 2018 underwent 25 days), and aging occurs in a combination of stainless steel and used barrels of varying shapes and sizes (demi-muid, cuve tronconique, various foudres). Despite the expected increase in concentration and structure with this wine compared to “Les Sables,” the same sense of freshness permeates this wine—making it “très digeste” indeed. Tannins are again graceful, but the underlying sense of minerality is more assertive here, contributing a salty-savory edge absent in the more fruit-driven “Les Sables.”' - Importer's Notes
Similar Selections to Try
- Other Red Wine
- Other wines with Cabernet Franc grapes
- Other wines from Loire Valley or France
- All discounts will be applied when we process your payment. We will confirm your new total, with discounts, when we receive your order.
- 10% off any mixed 6 bottles, 20% off any mixed 12 bottles unless already discounted.
- Please note, we do not ship or process payments online. Pay when you pick up or over the phone.
Type: Red Wine
Region: Loire Valley
Grape: Cabernet Franc
Farming Practices: Sustainable