Bernard Levet Cote Rotie 'La Chavaroche' 1.5 LiterRegular price $233.99
This item is currently sold out. Please use the "ASK A QUESTION" feature below to inquire about future availability or similar items.
'The cuve that we have imported from the outset (1983 vintage) is from the “Chavaroche” vineyard. As explained above, this wine is aged for thirty to thirty-six months prior to bottling. It is, quite simply, a ferocious wine, unique in its uninhibited expression of the smells and flavors of the appellation. No compromise is brooked here. The result is a wine that is controversial, too “wild” for many but, for us, one of the most elite wines in our personal pantheon. We import annually approximately 2400 bottles (a mix of 750mls and magnums).' - Importer Neal Rosenthal
'Powerful, spice- and mineral-laced black/blue fruit scents show superb focus and pick up suggestions of smoked meat, licorice and violet with air. Sappy, deeply concentrated and pure, offering juicy blueberry, boysenberry, bitter cherry and floral pastille flavors that are firmed by a spine of tangy acidity. Blends power and vivacity with a sure hand and finishes extremely long and minerally, with supple tannins building steadily and in harmony with the wine's assertive dark fruit. 100% whole clusters; all neutral foudres. Drink 2028-2038.' - Vinous Media - 96-97 points
Similar Selections to Try
- Other Red Wine
- Other wines with Syrah grapes
- Other wines from Rhone Valley or France
- All discounts will be applied when we process your payment. We will confirm your new total, with discounts, when we receive your order.
- 10% off any mixed 6 bottles, 20% off any mixed 12 bottles unless already discounted.
- Please note, we do not ship or process payments online. Pay when you pick up or over the phone.