Asnella Vinho VerdeRegular price $16.99
This item is currently sold out. Please use the "ASK A QUESTION" feature below to inquire about future availability or similar items.
Asnella is a single vineyard Vinho Verde that exposes an unexplored side of the Vinho Verde DOC. In addition to the delicious, lightly effervescent aperitif-style wines that are most frequently exported from this part of Northern Portugual, there is a whole category of terroir-driven, artisan wines that has heretofore gone unnoticed. The vineyard where Asnella is grown is on the border between the Southern side of the Vinho Verde DOC and the Northern edge of the Douro. This vineyard a fault line that separates two very different soil types – the schist of the Northern Douro and the granite of the Douro, as noted on either side of the label. The blend of these two parcels in the vineyard imbues the wine with a profound minerality and weight uncommon for Vinho Verde.
'A blend of 60% Arinto and 40% Loureiro. Brilliant green-yellow. On the nose, lime zest, green apple, wet stone, and white pepper notes that are almost reminiscent of a Federspiel level Gruner. The palate is clean, concentrated, and incisive, with dry citrus and unripe pear followed by flavors of tarragon, slate and white pepper.' - Winemaker Notes
Similar Selections to Try
- Other White Wine
- Other wines with Arinto, Loureiro grapes
- Other wines from Vinho Verde or Portugal
- All discounts will be applied when we process your payment. We will confirm your new total, with discounts, when we receive your order.
- 10% off any mixed 6 bottles, 20% off any mixed 12 bottles unless already discounted.
- Please note, we do not ship or process payments online. Pay when you pick up or over the phone.