Bodega Chacra is one of the hottest and most celebrated producers in the Southern Hemisphere. It comes as no surprise, as the estate was founded in 2004 by Piero Incisa della Rocchetta. Piero is the grandson of Marchese Mario Incisa della Rocchetta, the man who first made Sassicaia and launched the Super Tuscan movement.
Not one to rest on the laurels of his elders, Piero's love of Red Burgundy guided his search for the optimal Pinot Noir vineyard. He found it in the rugged, wind-swept Rio Negro Valley in northern Patagonia. It was there that he happened upon an abandoned vineyard containing some old, un-grafted, and gnarled Pinot Noir vines. The rest, as they say, is history.
- The 2021 was rated 99 points by Robert Parker's Wine Advocate. They could hardly contain their excitement, describing the wine very accurately with one word: "Gobsmacking!"
- After enjoying a bottle over the weekend and having had the '21, I can say with full conviction that the '22 is just as good, and I'd personally rate it 97 points. (JS)
- It is produced with amazing "material." From an old plot of Pinot Noir planted in 1955, it is a completely original expression of Pinot that exists outside of the usual New Word vs. Old World paradigm.
- Certified organic and biodynamic, it is made with minimal intervention. Aged in a mix of French oak, concrete, and clay amphorae, the finished wine is incredibly pure, elegant, and ethereal.
- Beautiful ruby garnet in color, this takes some time to strut its stuff. Decant it for 1-2 hours, and you will be greeted by aromas and flavors of rose petal, violet, fresh cherry, raspberry, orange zest, and spice.
- Our pricing is about as good as you'll find anywhere in the US!
We will apply any applicable discounts once we receive your order. We will then send you a follow-up email with your new total and instructions for payment.