Friday, October 13th from 4:30 to 6:30 | $20 per person + tax -- Reservation link below!
You know we already select great wines, but did you know we're now stocking a variety of small batch, artisan food products? One of our favorite new additions is Piedmont Pennies, delicious and savory cheese crackers made right here in North Carolina! Join us for a fun and delicious sampling of these homemade cheese snacks paired with 6 different wines.
Piedmont Pennies founder, owner, and baker Becca Wright will be at the shop providing samples of her Pennies and telling you all about them. Team Table Wine will be at the tasting bar pouring wines that we think pair especially well with these delicious little snacks. Whether you need wine and hors d’oeuvres for fall and holiday parties or just a little bite and sip of deliciousness while you’re watching football, Table Wine and Piedmont Pennies are here to help!
If the event sells out and you still want to come, email us at email@example.com to be put on the waitlist.
CLICK HERE to book your reservation(s) today. No refunds, and this tasting is firmly capped at 24 attendees.
1. 2022 La Spinetta Vermentino (Tuscany, Italy): The Rivetti family produce wines both in Tuscany and the Piemonte, and everything they make is fantastic. Their Vermentino is brand new to the shop, it hails from Maremma in SW Tuscany, and it's a feast for the senses. Offering up gorgeously exotic notes of peach, caramelized citrus, honeysuckle, jasmine, and mineral, it's nicely weighted but super fresh on the palate.
2. 2022 Domaine de la Bouscatiere Cotes du Rhone Blanc (Rhone Valley, France): La Bouscatiere is a family-run estate located in Gigondas. While their reds are good, their white CDR really grabbed me! A blend of 80% Viognier and 20% Roussanne all fermented in tank, it comes off like a "Baby Condrieu" with its exotic and highly aromatic personality. Golden apple, white peach, white flowers, rose petal, and an undercurrent of ripe citrus make this a wonderful intro to the white wines of the Southern Rhone.
3. 2021 Enfield Wine Co. Chardonnay 'Citrine' (Various Regions, California): Husband and wife John Lockwood and Amy Seese are the team behind Enfield Wine Co., and their Citrine Chardonnay is a thrilling bottle of white wine. Hailing from top heritage and organic sites in Napa, Sonoma, and beyond, it is vibrant, intense, and balanced. Not at all a buttery, oak bomb style....more of an ode to Chablis.
4. 2021 Joan d'Anguera 'Les Maiols' Garnacha (Montsant, Spain): One of the most popular red wines in the store currently, this is a real mind-bender of a red wine. From certified organic and biodynamic vineyards in Spanish Catalonia, it pours a pale ruby color, leading one to believe it's going to be washed out and insipid. Not the case at all! This offers up assertive aromas and flavors of cherry, raspberry, rose petal, and white pepper. So freaking good!!!
5. 2020 Ancient Peaks Zinfandel (Paso Robles, California): Paso Robles is known for bold Red Zins, and that is what you get here. Rich, ripe, spicy, and smooth, this offers up thrilling notes of berry preserves, mocha, spice box, and toasty oak. Pure pleasure wine, and it will pair nicely with the Pennies!
6. 2021 Bodega Matsu El Recio (Toro, Spain): We'll wrap things up with a BIG red wine from Toro, in the far western reaches of Spain. 100% Tempranillo from 90+ year-old vines, this one sees 14 months of aging in small barrels. The resulting wine is bold, rich, and decadent, offering up flavors and aromas of warm dark berries, dark chocolate, cigar tobacco, spice box, and vanilla.