Saturday, March 14th from 2-5 pm – Drew Summers of Advintage Distributing joins us for our weekly Try Five For Free Wine Tasting. Stop by to sample 5 wines guaranteed to make your weekend better!
Asheville’s Best Free Wine Tasting – Just stop by – we’ve got plenty of free parking!
The best way to learn about and buy wine is to taste it first. Duh! And Table Wine gives you this opportunity every Saturday at our free wine tasting. Even better, with our focus on wines from small, family owned and operated wineries, you can rest assured you’re drinking the good stuff. And Drew will be in the house to tell you about the producer, how they farm their grapes, how they make their wines, and why they tastes so good. All you’ve got to do is stop by, taste, learn, and save!
Don’t forget, all the featured tasting wines are 20% off by the bottle on tasting day.
1. 2018 El Casetero Macabeo (Campo de Borja, Spain) – Spanish Master of Wine Fernando Mora is working with old, dry-farmed, organically tended Macabeo to produce this intense, concentrated, and pure white wine. If you’re not familiar with the Macabeo grape, Drew will explain, but know it’s one of Spain’s most important native white grapes.
2. 2018 Botijo Rojo Garnacha Blanca (Valdejalon, Spain) – Here’s another one from Fernando Mora and his friends, made literally in a garage with minimal fuss. From old, certified organic vineyards owned by Fernando’s family, this is a captivating white wine with lots of character. Bursting with notes of ripe citrus, pear and honeysuckle, it’s flavorful and delicious.
3. 2017 Barbanera Ser Passo Rosso Toscana – Here’s a fun and easy to understand Tuscan red that sells for a song. Primarily Sangiovese, with smaller amounts of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, it’s ripe, lush, and ideal for all sorts of occasions.
4. NV Shebang Tenth Cuvee Red Blend (Various Regions, California) – This is a little side project of Morgan Twain-Peterson of Bedrock fame. Morgan grew up around wine, as his father Joel founded Ravenswood, and his Shebang Red Blend is a field blend based primarily on Zinfandel. Possessing great purity of fruit along with brambly spice notes, this is deliciously drinkable and a great value.
5. Surprise Wine – We always end with a surprise wine and we only open one bottle each Saturday. Stop by early to make sure you get to try this one!
Owner/Operator at Table Wine