Saturday, February 29th from 2-5 pm – Like to try before you buy? Of course you do! Join us every Saturday for our Try Five For Free Wine Tasting. Taste, learn, and save big!
Asheville’s Best Free Wine Tasting – Just stop by – we’ve got plenty of free parking!
Muriel Edens of Winebow joins us for this great opportunity to sample a great batch of new wines and old favorites. We’ll have some terrific values along with some more “splurge-worthy” wines open to sample. And all you have to do is stop by!
Don’t forget, all the featured tasting wines are 20% off by the bottle on tasting day.
1. 2018 The Curator White Blend (Swartland, South Africa) – Adi Badenhorst makes this fun and fantastic white blend from grapes grown along the west coast of South Africa. Primarily Chenin Blanc with Chardonnay and Vigonier in supporting roles. this one is dry, zesty, and palate pleasing with notes of tangerine, apricot and peach.
2. 2018 Pico Maccario Lavignone Rosato (Piemonte, Italy) – Barbera specialist Pico Maccario has crafted a splendid bottle of dry rose. 100% Barbera fermented in tank, this one explodes out of the glass with notes of fresh strawberry, watermelon, cranberry, and herb.
3. 2017 Castelluccio Le More Sangiovese di Romagna (Emilia-Romagna, Italy) – Here’s a candidate for the top “pizza red” of all time! Actually, it deserves more respect than that, but it’s straight up gulpable. Fermented entirely in stainless steel, it’s bright, juicy and loaded with pure varietal character.
4. 2017 Pico Maccario Lavignone Barbera d’Asti (Piemonte, Italy) – One of the greatest Barbera values on the planet and a Tre Bicchieri winner with Italy’s Gambero Rosso (the equivalent of 95+ points), this is rock star juice. Boasting lovely concentration balanced by bright acidity, it showcases notes of dark cherry, plum, violet and herb.
5. Surprise Wine – We’ll end with a “superstar in the making” red from Stellenbosch, South Africa. We’ll only open 1 bottle — come early!
Owner/Operator at Table Wine