Saturday, June 8th from 2-5pm – Cool off with some delicious and flavorful summer whites this Saturday! Stop by to sample 5 different whites perfect for sipping by the pool, at the beach, or on the patio.
Asheville’s Best Free Wine Tasting – Just stop by – we’ve got plenty of free parking!
If you haven’t noticed, it’s hot out there. Summer has come to the mountains a bit early this year, and crisp and refreshing whites taste oh-so good this time of year. Join us as we quench your thirst with some our favorite white wine picks to beat the heat. Check out the lineup below and plan to stop by. Taste, learn, and save every Saturday at Table Wine.
All of the featured tasting wines are 20% off by the bottle on tasting day only.
1. 2018 Bayten ‘Beyond’ Sauvignon Blanc (Constantia, South Africa) –Bayten is short for Buitenverwachting, which is Dutch for “beyond expectation,” and they are one of South Africa’s top Sauvignon Blanc producers. This one sings with bright and tangy notes of passion fruit, kiwi, and lime with background notes of herb and mineral.
2. 2018 Avinyo Petillant (Penedes, Spain) – Avinyo is generally recognized for their great Cavas, but this is their vi d’agulla, the Catalan name for prickly wine. A blend of organically cultivated Muscat, Macabeo, and Xarel-lo, this bone dry, vibrant and refreshing is the traditional summertime quaffer of the Penedès region of Catalonia.
3. 2018 Skouras Moscofilero ‘Arcadia’ (Peloponnese, Greece) – Moscofilero, like Muscat and Gewurztraminer, yields some of the most aromatic white wines on the planet. But unlike Muscat and Gewurztraminer, the grape is naturally high in crisp acidity. This version from Skouras flows with lovely notes of white flowers, honeysuckle, and crisp citrus fruits. It’s unique and delightful.
4. 2017 Forge Cellars Riesling ‘Dry Classique’ (Seneca Lake, New York) – This is one of the most exciting white wines I’ve tasted this year. A joint venture between Louis Barruol of Chateau de Saint Cosme in Gigondas and Finger Lakes partners Richard Rainey and Justin Boyette, this is the best domestic Riesling I’ve ever tried. Stop by and taste what I’m talking about!
5. Surprise Wine – What will it be, what will it be? I’m still thinking about this one, but I promise you it will be fantastic.
Owner/Operator at Table Wine