Saturday, September 30th from 2-5pm – For our next Super Saturday Wine Tasting, we’re pouring some world class wines perfect for fall. It’s been a great summer, but I think we’re all ready for cooler weather, bigger and richer wines, and heartier meals. This guarantees to be an epic wine tasting featuring some truly special wines, and you’re invited. Bring a friend!
I can promise you that this will be one of the best wine tastings of the fall. We’re really going all out for this one! I’m talking about Venge Cabernet Sauvignon, a new red blend that will make you forget about The Prisoner, and a stunning 2015 Red Burgundy. Yep, I let Ben, Will, and Sarah pick out the lineup for this one, and they didn’t hold back.
It’s just $5 (free for Grape Nuts) to taste all 6 premium wines, and the prices range from $20 to $50. Additionally, all of the tasting wines will be aggressively discounted. I am proud of all of the value wines we have to offer, but it’s always fun to pour and taste some topnotch wines from some first-class producers. Check out the lineup of wines below, and don’t forget the date. Stop by, taste, learn, stock up and save big on a bunch of awesome wines. No RSVP is required – all you have to do is stop by, grab a glass and a tasting/sales sheet, and have a good time.
All of the featured tasting wines are being offered at 20% off by the bottle on tasting day! All sales must be tendered by the end of business on Saturday unless other arrangements are made. Email me at email@example.com with questions.
1. 2016 Smith Story Sauvignon Blanc (Sonoma County, California) – The new vintage of our favorite California Sauvignon Blanc is super! Beautifully vibrant and crisp, it soars with aromas and flavors of green apple, lemon curd, mixed citrus and mineral.
2. 2014 Michel Gassier Costieres de Nimes Blanc “Lou Coucardie” (Rhone Valley, France) – From 35 to 55 year old vines grown in the rocky/sandy soils of Costieres de Nimes, the southern-most part of the Rhone Valley, this one is fermented and aged in French oak. “Tasking like a top flight Châteauneuf du Pape Blanc with its buttered citrus, citrus oil, white flowers and apple blossom aromas and flavors.” – Jeb Dunnuck – The Wine Advocate – 91+ points
3. 2015 Capitain-Gagnerot Bourgogne Rouge (Burgundy, France) – Established in 1802, this esteemed estate has holdings in both the Cote de Beaune and the Cote de Nuits. Their Bourgogne Rouge is a special one. From a vineyard planted in 1952 that sits at the northeastern base of the Corton hillside, this is lovely Pinot Noir. Deep notes of raspberry, dark cherry, and strawberry lead into a sumptuous palate of rich and silky fruit, spice and earth.
4. 2015 Jiménez-Landi Bajondillo (Mentrida, Spain) – Vigneron Daniel Landi is leading the pack of Mentrida producers to greater heights. His Bajondillo red blend combines 85% Garnacha from old vines with little bits of Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon. The resulting wine is medium bodied, silky and savory with earthy, leathery, smoky notes on top of juicy berry fruit. I love how this wine manages to balance weight and power with elegance.
5. 2015 Tank Garage Winery All or Nothing Red Blend (Napa Valley, California) – This aptly named winery is located in an old garage in Calistoga, and their wines are super! The All or Nothing Red Blend is 100% Napa Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Sirah, Malbec, and a few others. It is big, broad, plush…………we like to call it a “Pleasure Bomb” of a wine!
6. 2015 Venge Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon “Silencieux” (Napa Valley, California) – This is a special treat as we only get 20 six-packs of this one per year! Kirk Venge makes larger-than-life wines, and his 2015 Silencieux Cabernet is no exception. From the hot and dry 2015 vintage, this one offers up classic notes of cassis, dark cherry, mocha and spicy, toasty oak. The last three vintages of this wine have garnered 94-95 point scores in the Wine Advocate — this one will be no exception!
Owner/Operator at Table Wine