Saturday, January 25th from 2-5 pm – Join us to sample some all-star wines from some of South Africa’s top producers. Try 5 wines for free and save big on some stunning South African wines.
We’re selling more South African wines than ever these days. Our customers have picked up on the fact that South Africa is producing some of the world’s greatest values while at the same time producing some seriously world-class wines at the same time. With the acidity/structure and savory notes of the Old World combined with the riper fruit and modern winemaking of the New World, there’s a lot to like in South African wines. Join us as we’ll pull the corks/twist the tops on some staff and customer favorites from Stellenbosch, Constantia, and Robertson. Taste, learn and save every Saturday at Table Wine.
Asheville’s Best Free Wine Tasting – Try Five Fantastic Wines For Free!
Just stop by — we’ve got plenty of free parking.
1. 2018 Excelsior Sauvignon Blanc (Robertson, South Africa) – How many under-$10 Sauvignon Blancs has Vinous Media rated 90 points? Not many! I can guarantee you that. And this is the real deal folks. Possessing great varietal character with a nice mix of citrus, peach, and herb, this vivacious white wine is going to make you very happy.
2. 2019 De Wetshof Chardonnay ‘Limestone Hill’ (Robertson, South Africa) – The De Wetshof family have mastered Chardonnay in South Africa and this one comes from a single site marked by limestone soils, just like you find in Burgundy. And this might be South Africa’s answer to good Macon Villages. Seeing zero oak influence, this is bright, fresh and zippy with abundant aromas and flavors of mixed citrus, green apple and mineral dust.
3. 2017 Kanonkop Kadette Red Blend (Stellenbosch, South Africa) – Kadette is kind of like the “national red wine” of South Africa. Served at fine dining establishments as well as at neighborhood bars and restaurants, it is a South African original. A blend of 37% Pinotage, 36% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Merlot, and the rest Cab Franc, this medium-bodied, fine grained red is rocking this vintage. Look for notes of raspberry, dark berries and just a hint of smoky herb. Yum!
4. 2016 Glenelly Estate Cabernet Sauvignon ‘The Glass Collection’ (Stellenbosch, South Africa) –Glenelly is owned by May-Eliane de Lencquesaing, former owner of Bordeaux’ famed Château Pichon Longueville Comtesse de Lalande. This is the estate’s entry level Cab, but there’s nothing very entry level about it. Boasting Bordeaux-like notes of mint and eucalyptus, tobacco leaf, and black fruit, this is an impressive Cabernet in the under-$20 price range.
5. Surprise Wine – We’ll end with a sensational red from one of South Africa’s oldest and most respected producers. We’ll only open 1 bottle. Come early!
Owner/Operator at Table Wine