Many of you attended the Hobo Wine Company tasting earlier this year where founder, owner and winemaker Kenny Likitprakong dazzled the crowd with his brilliant wines from all parts of California. He dazzled them so much that we sold out of every bottle of wine we brought in for the tasting! We’re pleased to announce that Kenny’s family of wines are back, and we can’t wait to pour them for you on Saturday, December 20th from 2-5 p.m. From his award winning Gewurztraminer and his Bordeaux-styled Merlot to his gorgeous Zinfandel and his Classic Cabernets, these are wines that make you say yes, I’d love to buy some of that! Stop by, we promise you won’t be disappointed.
1. 2014 Banyan Gewurztraminer – Kenny’s father is from Thailand and this would be the perfect wine to enjoy with some spicy Thai food. Dry, juicy, spicy and intensely aromatic, it is one of the best California Gewurztraminers we’ve ever encountered.
2. 2013 Camp Merlot – Alexander Valley Merlot has never tasted so darned good! Less than 300 cases of this beauty were produced for the vintage, and it’s a really classy, refined style of Merlot with a great balance of fruit, herb, spice and acid/tannin structure.
3. 2013 Hobo Wine Company Zinfandel – Kenny sources fruit from a variety of sites throughout the Dry Creek Valley to make this exceptional Red Zin! Ripe, but not over the top like so many Zins are and structured, but not overly tannic, this pure fruit and spice laden wine is always one of our favorites.
4. 2013 Camp Cabernet Sauvignon – Kenny’s Camp label is home to one of our top selling under $20 Cabs in the store at the moment. We’re lucky to get as much as we do because he only makes about 1,000 cases. Dusty dark fruits, herbs and spices inform the nose and palate of this medium to full bodied, “drink me now” Cabernet.
5. 2013 Hobo Wine Company Cabernet Sauvignon – Like all of Kenny’s wines, this is not a heavyweight and it doesn’t wear your palate out after a glass. Instead, he intentionally goes for a lighter, friendlier, more drinkable style of Cab that works well at the dinner table or on the couch while you’re watching a movie. 100% Alexander Valley fruit means that this has a nice red fruit and earth/dust/spice character to it. We love it and we think you will too.