Thursday, August 4 – Ridge and Ribs Wine Dinner from 7-9pm – $50 per person/$40 for Grape Nuts – If you love wine, you’re probably familiar with the wines of Ridge Vineyards. This California estate is run admirably by the iconic Paul Draper, one of California’s most respected winemakers both at home and abroad. If ever the “wine authorities” were to classify the estates of California like they’ve done in Bordeaux, Ridge would without a doubt be a First Growth.
We’ll sample 6 Ridge wines accompanied by barbecue from either Luella’s or 12 Bones. Yes, we’ll be sampling several Zinfandels as these are the wines that many associate with Ridge, but we’ll also sample the wines from their Santa Cruz Mountain estate vineyard which includes fruit from the famous Monte Bello Vineyard.
With the focus primarily on big, hearty and spicy reds, the smoky and rich flavors of slow cooked meat will work incredibly well. Yes, we’ll have ribs, but we’ll also have other meats and sides of course. We’re taking 36 lucky folks for this one, so call us at 828.505.8588 to reserve your spot. Here’s the lineup of wines:
1. 2009 Chardonnay “Estate” Santa Cruz Mountains
2. 2009 Zinfandel “Three Valleys” Sonoma County
3. 2009 Zinfandel “Ponzo Vineyard” Russian River Valley
4. 2008 Zinfandel “Lytton Springs” Sonoma County
5. 2009 Zinfandel “Geyserville Sonoma County
6. 2008 Cabernet Sauvignon “Estate” Santa Cruz Mountains