Meet Importer Charles Neal and taste some of his incredible French wines! Join us on Wednesday, October 5th any time between 5 and 7 p.m. for a free wine tasting featuring selections from one of our favorite importers. I met Charles Neal about 4 years ago in San Francisco over beers at a German restaurant in San Francisco. I was already buying a lot of his wines and they were already becoming best sellers at the store. Meeting him helped me understand why his wines were so original and unique………he’s original and unique.
After college in North Carolina, he moved to London and wrote a book on the underground music of the early 1980’s. Today, “Tape Delay” is considered one of the most important works on the subject out there. After that, he moved to Madrid and wrote another novel and met a girl. He followed her to France and eventually married her. Living above a restaurant in Southwestern France, he developed a love and passion for the wines and the Cognacs of the region. Fast forward to today, and Charles now lives in San Francisco and is considered one of the foremost authorities on Cognac and Armagnac (he wrote a book on those too). In addition, his portfolio of small grower/producer wines from all corners of France is outstanding.
Much like the wines imported by legends like Kermit Lynch and Neal Rosenthal, Charles’ wines are unique, distinctive, and reflective of the land they come from and the people who make them. Join us as we welcome Charles to Asheville for the first time and take advantage of the opportunity to taste his wines and learn about the people who make them.
Save big on all of the tasting wines! Mix any 3 of them and save 10%, mix any 6 and save 15%, and mix any 12 and save 20%!
1. 2015 Domaine Daulny Sancerre (Loire Valley, France)
2. 2015 Domaine Duffour Cotes de Gascogne (Southwestern France)
3. 2014 André Bonhomme Viré-Clessé “Les Pierres Blanches” (Burgundy, France)
4. 2014 Domaine de Colette Beaujolais-Villages (Beaujolais, France)
5. 2014 La Grange de Piaugier Cotes du Rhone (Southern Rhone Valley, France)
6. 2013 Domaine du Grand Montmirail Vacqueyras (Southern Rhone Valley, France)
7. 2013 Domaine du Grand Montmirail Gigondas (Southern Rhone Valley, France)