Saturday, June 30th from 2-5pm – Our next Super Saturday Wine Tasting will feature a large selection of high scoring wines! Our friends from The Country Vintner join us to pour the wines and tell the stories.
Just $5 to try 8 awesome and highly rated whites, rosés, and reds. Free for Grape Nuts — click here to learn more about our VIP club.
Asheville’s Best Wine Tasting — Just stop by, we’ve got plenty of free parking!
Wine ratings are great…….most of the time at least. We don’t rely on them entirely here at Table Wine, but they certainly do help guide us in our buying. Typically, when we see that a wine received a big score, we ask to taste it. Not all high scoring wines are to our liking, but honestly, most of them are good at least and often great.. Join us to sample some wines that the critics and Team Table Wine liked. See what you think. Taste, learn, save big at Table Wine.
All of the featured tasting wines are 20% off by the bottle on tasting day only.
Can’t make it by, but want to take advantage of the savings? Call us at 828.505.8588 and we can run your card over the phone.
1. 2016 Wilhelm Walch “Prendo” Pinot Grigio (Veneto, Italy) – Lovely, crisp, aromatic Pinot Grigio from one of the region’s top producers. Pear, apple, lemon, lime, spring flowers. Drink it on your porch or at the pool or beach.
90 points TTW
2. 2016 Domaine Ferraton Cotes du Rhone Blanc (Rhone Valley, France) – This is one of the greatest White Rhone values on the planet! Roussanne, Grenache Blanc, and Clairette combine to create this bright and lively white. 90 points Wine Spectator, 90 points Jeb Dunnuck
3. 2015 Chappellet Chardonnay (Napa Valley, California) – Chappellet is one of Napa Valley’s old-school, blue chip estates. Though known best for their epic Cabs, their Chardonnay is seriously delicious too. Rich, full-bodied, stylish, and balanced, it’s a Napa Valley classic. 92 points Wine Spectator
4. 2017 Barnard Griffin Sangiovese Rosé (Columbia Valley, Washington) – Rob Griffin makes our country’s most awarded dry rosé. It’s delightful! Rich, yet fresh, with aromas and flavors of strawberry, raspberry, and flowers, it goes down way too easy on hot and sunny days. 93 points TTW
5. 2016 Domaine Ferraton Cotes du Rhone Rouge (Rhone Valley, France) – Like their white, Ferraton’s red Cotes du Rhone is a ton of wine for the money. Equal parts Grenache and Syrah, this one sings with dark raspberry, kirsch, violet and spice. 92 points Jeb Dunnuck
6. 2011 Vina Bujanda Rioja Reserva (Rioja, Spain) – This 100% Tempranillo-based wine shows all the hallmark characteristics of traditional Rioja. Aged in French and American oak for 20 months, this one shows deep and spicy aromas and flavors of blueberry, mocha, leather, and spice. 90 points Wine Advocate
7. 2016 Seghesio Zinfandel (Sonoma County, California) – 90+ points in the Wine Spectator ten vintages in a row! Loaded with rich, jammy fruit, this plump Zin is a pleasure to drink, with bold accents of wild berry, spicy cinnamon and licorice that glide dynamically toward plush tannins. 93 points Wine Spectator
8. 2016 Chappellet Mountain Cuvée (Napa Valley, California) – This Bordeaux-inspired blend of Cab, Merlot, Petit Verdot, and Cab Franc is rocking in this vintage. Full-bodied, full-flavored, and drinking like a wine that costs twice the price, it’s a big one. Talk about a perfect red for steak – this is it! 92 points Wilfred Wong