Free Wine Tasting this Saturday, February 13th from 2:00 to 5:00 — In honor of Valentine’s Day, we’ll share the “Lafage Love” with you this Saturday with a sampling of the wines of Southern France’s Jean-Marc Lafage. Regarded as on of the best winemakers in the region, Jean-Marc crafts a number of wines throughout the Languedoc-Roussillon, and they’re all good! Join us to sample five of his wines, including three which scored 93 points or higher with The Wine Advocate………..the good news is that all of them will cost you less than $20! As Jeb Dunnuck of that periodical says, when ” it comes to quality-to-price ratios, no one does it better than proprietor Jean Marc Lafage.” Stop by, taste, learn and save on some incredible values this Saturday.
All of the featured tasting wines are on sale the day of the tasting: take 10% off if you mix any 3, 15% off if you mix any 6, or 20% off if you mix any 12.
1. 2014 Domaine Lafage Cote d’Est (Languedoc-Roussillon, France) – A blend of Grenache Blanc (50%), Chardonnay and Marsanne all fermented in stainless steel, this is a wine that delivers a ton of value every vintage. Fresh, dry, zesty and aromatic, it offers up a nice mix of exotic tropical and citrus fruits and gorgeous white floral nuances. 88 points The Wine Advocate
2. 2014 Domaine Lafage Novellum Chardonnay (Languedoc-Roussillon, France) – This is year in and year out one of the greatest Chardonnay values on the planet. “The wine is just lovely, with plenty of tropical fruit, such as peach, honeysuckle, apricot and pineapple that jump from the glass of this wine, which offers clean, fresh acids, a medium-bodied mouthfeel and delicious mineral underpining.” – 89 points The Wine Advocate
3. 2013 Domaine Lafage Tessellae Carignan Vieilles Vignes (Languedoc-Roussillon, France) – One of Lafage’s greatest values, his old vine Carignan Cuvée comes from a 70 year old plot of vines in Maury, near the Spanish border. Dunnuck says it “is an off-the-charts value that offers up thrilling notes of black raspberry, chocolate, graphite, tar and licorice to go with a voluptuous, decadent, yet seamless and gorgeously pure feel on the palate.” 94 points The Wine Advocate
4. 2013 Domaine Lafage Tessellae GSM Vieilles Vignes (Languedoc-Roussillon, France) – Can this man do no wrong?! Here’s another 94 pointer that comes to you at an absurd price! The “2013 Tessellae Old Vines checks in as a blend of 40% Grenache, 40% Syrah and 20% Mourvedre that was aged all in concrete tank. It offers brilliant notes of black cherries, blueberry, licorice, clove and spring flowers in its medium to full-bodied, gorgeously pure profile.” 94 points The Wine Advocate
5. 2013 Domaine Lafage Bastide Miralfors Vieilles Vignes (Languedoc-Roussillon, France) – Robert Parker called this “one of the greatest red wine values I have tasted in the last year or so.” We can see why! A blend of 70% Syrah and 30% Grenache from a galet-studded vineyard in the Roussillon, this full bodied, opulent, flavor bomb of a wine is outstanding. “One would normally think such a superb, remarkable wine would cost over $50 a bottle.” – 93 points The Wine Advocate