Saturday, March 30th from 2-5pm – It’s Asheville’s best free wine tasting and it’s our Spring Wine Showcase! You’re invited to stop by and sample 5 of the best sunny day sippers we’ve been able to find.
Spring is here, the flowers are blooming, and new wines are aplenty at Table Wine! I’m talking about fresh and zesty whites, crisp and fragrant dry rosés, and rich and spicy reds. And with our focus on small growers and producers with clean farming and winemaking practices, you can feel good about drinking these wines. Stop by, taste the wines, stock up and save big every Saturday at Table Wine.
Asheville’s Best Free Wine Tasting – Just stop by – we’ve got plenty of free parking!
Don’t forget, all the featured tasting wines are 20% off by the bottle on tasting day.
1. 2016 Chateau Guiraton Graves Blanc (Bordeaux, France) – This stunning Sauvignon Blanc from the rocky soils of Southern Bordeaux is marvelous. Bright, clean, and snappy, this one delights the palate with flavors of melon, citrus, and subtle mineral. Serve nicely chilled with fresh spring dishes.
2. 2016 Chateau Peyrat Graves Blanc (Bordeaux, France) – Yes, we are pouring 2 White Graves, and for good reason. They’re way different from one another! Whereas the first wine is pure Sauvignon Blanc, this one is 80% Semillon and 20% Sauvignon Blanc. The high proportion of Semillon makes this one quite a bit richer and more exotic. Look for notes of mango, quince, toasted almonds and flowers.
3. 2018 Domaine Houchart Cotes de Provence Rosé (Provence, France) – Springtime means it’s dry rosé time, and this is always a staff and customer favorite. A blend of Grenache, Syrah, Cinsault and Cabernet Sauvignon, this one exhibits bright and tangy notes of ripe raspberry and citrus.
4. 2017 Penya Cotes Catalanes Rouge (Roussillon, France) – This is one of our featured wines and it’s one of the world’s great red wine values. From vineyards in sunny, Southern France, just 30 miles north of the Spanish border, this Grenache, Carignan, Syrah, Mourvedre blend if packed with ripe berry fruit and spice. Rated 92 points by Jeb Dunnuck, it’s just $9.99/bottle while supplies last!
5. Surprise Wine – Like surprises? Trust me, you’ll like this one!
Owner/Operator at Table Wine