Free Wine Tasting – Go-To Christmas Wines – Saturday, December 19th from 2-5 p.m. – With Christmas less than a week away, it’s time time to make your final wine buying decisions and we’re here to help. Keep in mind that we will be closed December 25th through December 27th (reopening Monday, December 28th) so this is a great opportunity to taste some great wines, stock up and save up to 20% off. The lovely Anne Kaufmann of The Country Vintner will join us to pour six super tasty wines from all over the world. From 93 point rated Chardonnay to blue chip Napa Cab, we’ll have all bases covered.
Remember, all of the tasting wines are on sale the day of the tasting. Take 10% off on mixed 3-packs, 15% off mixed 6-packs, or 20% off on mixed cases!
Prices range from $16 to $40
1. 2014 Nals Margreid Pinot Grigio (Alto Adige, Italy) – This has got to be one of the best under $15 Pinot Grigios we’ve ever tasted! Richer, fuller bodied and more expressive, it offers up a nice mix of ripe stone fruits along with subtle notions of spice and mineral.
2. 2014 Paul Cluver Chardonnay (Elgin, South Africa) – Paul Cluver is recognized as one of South Africa’s leading white wine producers and they really knocked it out of the park with their 2014 Chardonnay. “The 2014 Chardonnay has an attractive nose of dried honey, dried mango and a touch of walnut that is very well defined. The palate is fresh and crisp with harmonious almond and hazelnut notes infusing the tropical tones on the long and tender finish. One drop will never be enough!” – The Wine Advocate – 93 points
3. 2013 Scaia Corvina (Veneto, Italy) – From the highly regarded Tenuta Sant’Antonio estate, one of the region’s “Amarone All-Stars,” this is a delicious and unique little red wine. Based entirely on Corvina, the grape that is usually the headliner in Valpolicella and Amarone, it is fresh, juicy, spicy and very easy to drink. At less than $15/bottle, it’s a steal!
4. 2013 Finca Sophenia Malbec Reserve (Mendoza, Argentina) – We’ve been longtime fans of the wines of Finca Sophenia and every year they just seem to get better. Their 2013 Malbec Reserve deserves mention as one of Argentina’s great red wine values. “The extremely aromatic, perfumed and showy 2013 Malbec Reserve made me go back to the glass over and over again.” – The Wine Advocate – 91 points
5. 2013 Seghesio Zinfandel (Sonoma County, California) – Seghesio is undoubtedly one of California’s top Zinfandel producers. The warm and dry conditions of the 2013 vintage resulted in a rich, spicy and delicious Red Zin. “A lively, zesty red that offers bright cherry and tarragon aromas and sleekly layered flavors of briary raspberry, nutmeg and fresh-cracked black pepper.” – Wine Spectator – 92 points
6. 2012 Turnbull Cabernet Sauvignon (Napa Valley, California) – In case you didn’t hear, Vintage 2012 was a great one for Napa Cabernet, and here’s a fine example. Classically styled, pretty, and delicious, it is laced with flavors of cassis, blackcurrant, earth and oak spice notes. For those enjoying any sort of beef for Christmas dinner, this wine is the ticket!