Handmade truffles and wine anyone? Join us this Saturday, May 12 for a special wine and truffle tasting to celebrate good old Mom. What better gift could you get her than a bottle of wine (or more) and a box of chocolate? Barb and Les Norman from Blue Moon Chocolatier will join us to offer up samples of their handmade truffles and we’ll pour the wines. The tasting is free and runs from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m.
1. Jus Sauvignon Blanc – This 300 case production wine comes from a small vineyard in Rutherford (Napa) that also supplies fruit to Frog’s Leap, Duckhorn and others. The wine is super, with lively, crisp notes of grapefruit, quince and lime.
2. Tahbilk Marsanne – This fresh and exotic white wine comes from one of the oldest family owned wineries in Australia. It is a dazzling white with notes of honeyed white peach, ripe pear and orange blossom.
3. Matchbook Tempranillo – Tempranillo from California? Yep! There’s not much of the grape left in the Golden State, but we love this one. It is a super friendly, smooth red wine with nice black cherry and black currant fruit, along with complex notes of baking spices and toasty oak.
4. Arbor Crest Syrah – Not only do these guys make a wonderful Cab Franc (wine of the week), they also make a really delicious Syrah. Succulent and savory, it offers up tons of ripe blueberry, blackberry, smoke and herbs.
5. La Ardilla Moscato Rosato – This is a guilty pleasure wine if there ever were one. 80% Moscato with 20% Grenache added for color, it is sweet and slightly fizzy with lovely notes of honeyed apricot, peach and strawberry. It should be awesome with the truffles!