Free on Fridays Wine Tasting – Stop by the store and try 6 perfect Turkey Day Wines for free! Friday, November 18th, 4-7pm and stop back by tomorrow from 2-5 pm for 6 more turkey, ham, and family friendly wines!
It’s kind of hard to believe that Thanksgiving is already here! Not sure what to serve for the feast? We’re here to help. Join us this Friday as Mike Tiano of the Haw River Wine Man will be pouring an incredible lineup of wines all hand picked by your friendly wine guys to make this year’s Thanksgiving meal delicious. From festive bubbles and turkey friendly whites to silky, elegant reds and a very special treat in the form of a top flight Chateauneuf du Pape, we’ll have all of your wine needs covered. Stop by, taste, stock up and save big!
Can’t make it by, but want to place an order? Just email us at email@example.com.
Save big on all of the tasting wines! Mix any 3 of them and save 10%, mix any 6 and save 15%, or mix any 12 and save 20%!
1. Belstar Prosecco (Veneto, Italy) – Prosecco is the perfect sparkling wine for the holidays, and the version from Belstar is in top form this year. Dry, but nicely fruited with aromas and flavors of lemon, pear, peach and white flowers, this easy-going sparkler is perfect to drink before, during, and after the meal.
2. 2015 Bidoli Sauvignon Blanc (Friuli, Italy) – When we tasted this a couple of weeks ago, it completely flipped our lids! We looked and each other all said how much this sort of reminded us of Cercius Blanc, a previous best seller that is sadly out of stock. From a warm vintage in Northeastern Italy, it explodes out of the glass with ripe notes of pear, tangerine, creamy citrus, green herb and light mineral. We know Sauvignon Blanc isn’t always a top pick for the Thanksgiving meal, but this one would be fantastic!
3. 2015 Girolamo Russo Etna Bianco “Nerina” (Sicily, Italy) – The wines from Sicily’s Mount Etna region are hotter than ever right now, and Girolamo Russo is one of the leading producers. His white is composed entirely of Carricante, one of Italy’s greatest indigenous white varietals, and this is a richer, fuller bodied wine that should appeal to Chardonnay and White Rhone lovers. Packed with notes of white peach, exotic tropical fruits, medium cream, and spice, it is absolutely delicious.
4. 2014 Capitain-Gagnerot Bourgogne Rouge (Burgundy, France) – This is one of our greatest Red Burgundy finds of all time! 100% Pinot Noir from a 2 acre vineyard at the base of the hill of Corton that was planted in 1952, this is absolutely gorgeous. Silky red fruits (cherry, framboise), exotic spices, espresso roast coffee, and forest floor notes permeate this medium bodied, silky smooth Pinot Noir.
5. 2013 Vecchia Torre Salice Salentino (Puglia, Italy) – A blend of 90% Negroamaro and 10% Malvasia Nera from vineyards in Southern Italy, this is the wine for those who love rich and spicy red Zinfandels from California. Full bodied, but possessing fine grained tannins, it coats the palate with flavors of ripe dark cherry, plum, and peppery, spicy notes.
6. 2012 Domaine Bois de Boursan Chateauneuf du Pape (Rhone Valley, France) – We’ll end the tasting with a big, luxurious, Grenache-based red from the most famed growing zone in Southern France. Full bodied, yet rich and round, this one is packed with notes of kirsch, dark cherry, peppery spice and herb. The slightly earthy nuance of the wine makes it a perfect partner to the root vegetables that are commonplace at Thanksgiving.