If you love wine and Christmas, you might want to heed my advice, as this article contains information that will guarantee you to get the wine you want for Christmas or New Years. With this being the busiest selling time of the year for most wine merchants, it’s a guarantee that many wines will sell out on any given day, even though we think we are amply stocked. We’d hate for you to stop by the store only to have your favorite wine empty on the shelf – follow these simple rules to avoid that travesty from occurring:
1. Call or Email First – Give us a call at 828.505.8588 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to check and see if your wine is in stock. This is the simplest and most practical way to make sure your favorite wine is in stock. If it’s not, we’ll let you know when or if we can have it for you.
2. Special Orders – Just because we don’t stock your favorite wine doesn’t mean we can’t get it for you. Please, please, please don’t hesitate to contact us if you’re looking for something specific. Most wines will arrive within 2 to 3 days, especially if you contact us at the beginning of the week.
3. Gift Wrapping – We offer free gift wrapping on all bottles of wine and we offer gift baskets as well. If you need a bunch of wine wrapped, just call us ahead so you don’t have to wait.
4. Shipping Wine – We have a license to ship wine to all states that allow it, and we’re glad to offer this service to you. Remember that this is also the busiest shipping season of the year, so it is a good idea to plan on your shipment taking 3 to 5 business days to arrive to its destination.
5. Gift Certificates – We offer gift certificates in any amount and we’ll be glad to mail them for you at no charge!
6. Be Flexible – This might be the most important bit of advice we can offer you. If your favorite wine is out of stock, give us a chance to recommend something different but similar. If you’re dead-set on having a certain wine, please reference Rule #1.
So there you go – advice from a 15 year wine industry veteran to ensure happy drinking during the holiday season!