With this being the busiest selling time of the year for most wine merchants, it’s a guarantee that many wines will sell out on any given day, even though we think we are amply stocked. We’d hate for you to stop by the store only to have your favorite wine empty on the shelf – follow these simple rules to make sure you’re drinking what you want to be drinking this holiday season.
- Read this, so you don’t get like this!
1. Shop early and shop early in the week – That way, if we’re out of something, we have plenty of time to order it in for later in the week. Most of our distributors make deliveries 2 to 4 times per week, so we can have most wines back in stock within 3 days at the most. As long as you place your order(s) by Wednesday and as long as the distributor has the wine in stock, we’ll have it here in time for the week end, for Christmas dinner, or for New Year’s Eve.
2. Special Orders – Just because we don’t stock your favorite wine doesn’t mean we can’t get it for you. Even better, through the end of December, we’re offering a 20% discount on any special ordered (non-stock) solid cases of wine. You don’t have to order a solid case, as most wines can be shipped in any quantity you’d like.
3. Be Flexible – If we’re out of something, don’t freak out please. Maybe it’s time to try something new, and your local wine merchant should be able to point you in the direction of a wine with similar traits to the one they’re out of. Try something new – you might be surprised!
3. Gift Wrapping – We offer free gift wrapping on all wines and accessories, but it is wise to give us plenty of time to get this done. For example, if you’re buying 30 to 60 bottles of wine and want them all gift wrapped, it is wise to call us the day before you need to pick your order up.
4. Shipping Wine – We have a license to ship wine to all states that allow it, and we’re glad to offer this service to you. Remember that this is also the busiest shipping season of the year for UPS and Fedex, so it is a good idea to plan on your shipment taking 2 to 3 days to arrive to its destination.
5. Gift Certificates – We offer gift certificates in any amount and we’ll be glad to mail them for you!
So there you go – advice from a 14 year wine industry veteran to ensure happy drinking during the holiday season!