- This event has passed.
Try Five For Free Wine Tasting
January 11 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
Last week’s Five For Free Wine Tasting was a smashing success. So we’re going to do it again but with all new wines of course!
Join us for a fun and adventurous wine tasting this week. We’ll be skipping around the globe pouring a rocking lineup of new arrivals and old favorites. Despite there not being a theme for this tasting, I promise you there’s a balanced flow to the lineup of wines. And all you have to do is stop by, taste, learn and save.
Asheville’s Best Free Wine Tasting – Try Five Fantastic Wines For Free!
Just stop by — we’ve got plenty of free parking.
1. 2019 Ken Forrester Petit Chenin (Stellenbosch, South Africa) – Ken Forrester helped put South African Chenin Blanc on the map and their Petit Chenin is always a terrific value. Dry, clean, pure and crisp, this offers up lovely aromas and flavors of apple, lemon, quince and fennel.
2. 2017 Capitain Gagnerot Hautes-Cotes de Beaune Blanc ‘Les Guelottes’ (Burgundy, France) – This old, traditionally run, family owned and operated estate makes some of my favorite Burgundy values. From certified organic/biodynamic vineyards, this is 100% Chardonnay that sees just a bit of oak aging. The resulting wine is glorious with classic Burgundian minerality married to beautiful pear, lemon and apple fruit. Bravo!
3. 2018 Sant Evasio Barbera d’Asti (Piemonte, Italy) – Here’s a delicious and noble version of Barbera that won’t break the bank. Fermented in stainless steel, this all about purity and chuggability. Look for notes of ripe cherry/black cherry, plum, juniper berry and spice. Great with pizza or pasta with red sauce. Great by itself too!
4. 2016 Santa Duc Cotes du Rhone Vieilles Vignes (Rhone Valley, France) – Santa Duc is one of the top producers in the Southern Rhone and their Cotes du Rhone is stupid good. Mainly Grenache with Syrah and Mourvedre playing a supporting role, this is pure pleasure wine. Round, soft, supple and flowing with ripe raspberry, blackberry and spice notes, it’s fine wine at a great price.
5. Surprise Wine – We like surprises and you will too when you taste this big, bold, and sturdy red. We’ll only open one bottle so make sure to get here before 4:00 if you want to try it.