- This event has passed.
French Classics Wine Tasting
May 25, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
You are cordially invited to join us for our French Classics Wine Tasting with Drew Summers of Advintage Distributing. Sample 5 fantastic French wines for free and save big.
If you shop/taste with us with any frequency, you know we love our French wines at Table Wine. With an assortment of different grapes, climates, and topographies, there’s a wine for every palate. Join us as we guide you through some of the classic zones and grapes with Certified Sommelier Drew Summers. It’s gonna’ fun, it’s free, and all you have to do is stop by, taste, learn, and save.
Asheville’s Best Free Wine Tasting – Just stop by – we’ve got plenty of free parking!
Don’t forget, all the featured tasting wines are 20% off by the bottle on tasting day.
1. 2017 Jean Perrier et Fils Savoie Abymes “Cuvée Gastronomie” (Savoie, France) – If you’ve never tried a white from France’s Savoie region, you don’t know what you’re missing. This is a great introduction! Based entirely on the indigenous Jacquere grape, this one is light, super crisp, and aromatic. Look for notes of green apple, lime, honeysuckle, and mineral.
2. 2018 Domaine Franck Millet Sancerre (Loire Valley, France) – I recently discovered this small family domaine’s wines, and I was blown away. Located in Bué, one of the top sites in Sancerre, this is quintessential Loire Valley Sauvignon Blanc. Intensely aromatic and super fresh, it offers up enticing notes of passion fruit, lime, lemon, and green herbs.
3. 2018 Fabre en Provence Cotes de Provence Rose (Provence, France) – This has been of the top-selling dry rosés of the year, and once you taste it, you’ll know why! A blend of Cinsault, Grenache, and Syrah, this one displays lovely aromas of strawberry, white peach, and flowers leading into a zesty and refreshing palate. You’re gonna’ love it!
4. 2017 Chateau de Brézé Saumur Rouge “Clos Mazurique” (Loire Valley, France) – Loire Valley Cabernet Franc is great all year, but it’s at its best when it’s warm outside. This one, from one of the Loire’s top producers, grows in the limestone-rich, truffeau soils of the Loire Valley. Bright, radiant, perfumed and laced with cherry, mulberry, spice, earth, and floral notes, this one pretty much lights me up.
5. Surprise Wine – It’s delicious and it’s an incredible value from Southern France. Go ahead and plan to pick up some bbq to enjoy with this one!