- This event has passed.
Free Wine Tasting – Top Domestic Thanksgiving Wines
November 9, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
It’s Asheville’s best free wine tasting, and we’re pulling the corks on some Top Domestic Thanksgiving Wines this week. In case you forgot, we’re dedicating every Saturday in November to wines perfect for the classic Thanksgiving feast. Stop by this Saturday to try a couple of tried and true whites and a few delightful reds for free.
Asheville’s Best Thanksgiving Wine Tasting – Just stop by – we’ve got plenty of free parking.
All of the featured tasting wines are being offered at 20% off by the bottle on tasting day!
In case you didn’t know, we love Thanksgiving at Table Wine. The classic feast, with its variety of dishes and flavors, is super flexible with a wide variety of wines. And we’re excited to share some of our festive favorites from Oregon and California with you for this fun and engaging tasting. Whether you need whites and reds that won’t overwhelm the mellow flavor of turkey or perfect pairs for salty ham and sides, we’re here to help. Taste, learn, and save big on some wines that will please your family and friends this Thanksgiving.
1. 2018 Soléna Cellars Pinot Gris (Willamette Valley, Oregon) – Oregon Pinot Gris really does the trick with both ham and turkey. Good ones, like this one, show a nice combination of richness and opulence, yet they’re still vivacious. This one shows lovely notes of pear, white peach, golden apple, and just a hint of mineral.
2. 2018 Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc/Viognier (Various Regions, California) – A white wine with just a touch of residual sugar really balances out the saltiness of ham and many of the sides on the holiday dinner table. A blend of 80% Chenin Blanc and 20% Viognier, all stainless steel fermented, this off-dry white remains crisp and gorgeously aromatic.
3. 2017 Banshee Pinot Noir (Sonoma County, California) – Sonoma County Pinot Noir is the ideal, all around red to serve with Thanksgiving. And the fine folks at Banshee make a delightful rendition of Sonoma County Pinot Noir. Medium bodied, silky, and flowing with ripe red fruits, brown spices, and fine-grained tannins, this is a big time crowd pleaser.
4. NV Marietta Cellars Old Vine Red Lot #69 (North Coast, California) – Feeling like something bigger and fuller bodied? Look no further than a California Red Zin or Zin-based blend, like this one. Showing loads of ripe berry fruit and peppery spice, there’s a lot to love here.
5. Surprise Wine – We’ll end, like we always do, with a surprise wine. And this is another fuller bodied red option. Stop by early, as we’ll only open one of these guys.