- This event has passed.
Free Wine Tasting – Christmas and Holiday Party Wines
December 7, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
It’s Asheville’s best free wine tasting, and we’re pulling the corks on some great Christmas and holiday party wines. In case you forgot, we’re dedicating every Saturday in December to festive Christmas and holiday wines. Stop by this Saturday to taste some of our top picks for your upcoming holiday gatherings.
Asheville’s Best Free Holiday Wine Tasting – Just stop by – we’ve got plenty of free parking.
All of the featured tasting wines are being offered at 20% off by the bottle on tasting day!
In case you didn’t know, we love the holidays at Table Wine. Spending time with family and friends, drinking good wines and eating great food are all part of the experience. And we know many of you are going to be hosting holiday parties where you need delicious, tried and true, budget friendly wines to keep your guests merry. And being that we’re in our tenth year of business, we’re more than qualified to guide you in the right direction. Stop by this Saturday to taste, learn, and save big on some wines that will please all palates this holiday season.
1. 2018 Pullus Halozan (Stajerska, Slovenia) – This white blend from one of Slovenia’s oldest wineries is perfect for all of your holiday needs. A blend of 8 white grapes, it comes conveniently bottled in a liter giving you an extra 1/3 of a bottle. And boasting fruit forward notes of bright apple, pear, and white flowers, it’s a great cocktail white, but it also does the trick with all sorts of hors d’oeuvres.
2. 2017 Domaine Thevenet et Fils Macon Pierreclos (Burgundy, France) – No oak Chardonnay is always widely loved by a variety of palates and the version from Thevenet is one of the cheapest ways to get real-deal, high quality White Burgundy in your belly. From vineyards averaging 45-50 years of age, this is 100% Chardonnay fermented in stainless steel and aged on the fine lees. Possessing lovely notes of apple, pear, lemon and spice, this zesty Chardonnay is fantastic this vintage.
3. 2018 Paolo Petrilli Motta Del Lupo (Puglia, Italy) – Want to wow your guests with a delicious, certified organic, lower alcohol option? Petrilli’s charmingly fresh Motta del Lupo is a blend of Sangiovese, Montepulciano, and Puglia’s native Nero di Troia grape. Boasting lively notes of fresh cherry, pomegranate, tomato leaf, and spices, it goes down way too easy.
4. 2017 Mas Donis Montsant Tinto ‘Old Vines’ (Montsant, Spain) – Always a candidate for red wine value of the year, the 2017 Mas Donis is no exception. A blend of 85% Grenache and 15% Syrah from vineyards neighboring Priorat, this tastes a lot like a top flight Priorat or Cotes du Rhone. Rich and hearty, yet silky and palate pleasing, this is a great fuller bodied red option.
5. 2017 Wyatt Cabernet Sauvignon (Various Regions, California) – Can you find a better under-$15 California Cab than this one? We can’t and the current release of this perennial value is outstanding. Showing a much more “serious” personality than most Cabs in this range, this is a great “Cocktail Cab,” but it’s also good enough to pair with beef, lamb, or other lavish dinner preparations.