- This event has passed.
Free Wine Tasting – California Dreaming
September 21, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
It’s Asheville’s best free wine tasting, and you’re invited! Stop by to sample 5 delicious wines from a variety of California’s top AVA’s. No RSVP required!
It’s been a hot minute since we’ve done an all-California lineup for our free Saturday wine tasting. That’s about to change! Join us as we pull the corks on some splendid bottles of small production, family farmed, artisanally made wines from Napa, Sonoma, and beyond. From rich and exotic Sauvignon Blanc and creamy and buttery Chardonnay to silky Pinot Noir and stoic, Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, we’ll hit all the high points. And we’ll end the tasting with a little something special, but we’ll only open one bottle of that one. Stop by, taste, learn, and save big every Saturday at Table Wine.
Asheville’s Best Free Wine Tasting – Just stop by – we’ve got plenty of free parking!
ALL FEATURED TASTING WINES ARE 20% OFF BY THE BOTTLE ON TASTING DAY ONLY!!
1. 2018 John Anthony Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc (Carneros – Napa Valley) – When we tasted this a few weeks back, we all agreed that it reminded us strongly of Merry Edwards Sauvignon Blanc. Super exotic, aromatic, and a bit fuller-bodied in style, this is California Sauvignon Blanc done right. Showcasing abundant tropical fruit notes combined with sweet herb and almond nuances, it please many palates.
2. 2018 FARM Chardonnay (Napa Valley) – Love Rombauer, but hate paying the price? You might want to stop by and give this a sniff and a sip. No, it’s not quite as oaky and buttery as the aforementioned, but man it’s good. It shows lots of spiced pear and apple notes, with lemon custard and hazelnut hints in the background. Full bodied, full flavored, and very well made Napa Valley Chardonnay.
3. 2018 Wyatt Pinot Noir (Sonoma and Mendocino Counties) – Here’s an absolutely ridiculous value in high quality, California Pinot Noir. Lush, fruit-driven, full and round, it delivers tons of luscious red fruits along with complex earth and spice notes. Delicious!
4. 2016 Jax Vineyards Y3 Taureau Red Blend (Napa Valley) – Love Red Blends? Wait until you try this one crafted by the fine folks at Jax, a boutique, small production winery based in Calistoga. Kirk Venge handles winemaking here, and this blend of Merlot, Cab, and Syrah certainly has the ‘Venge touch.’ Plush, jammy, forward and packed with ripe fruit, this is pure pleasure wine at a great price.
5. Surprise Wine – Like I said in the intro, we’ll end with something very special, but please note we’ll only open 1 bottle of this one. Come early or miss out!