Our all new, Super Spring Six-Pack offers a great mix of wines for all of your spring activities. This curated selection includes a couple of fresh and delicious whites, a zesty dry rose, and a few crowd-pleasing reds. At just $99.99 net for the whole lot, this is fantastic deal.
Whether you need crisp whites and roses for sipping by the pool or at the beach or rich and spicy reds to enjoy with grilled fare, we’ve got you covered. Even better, all of the wines in this sampler are estate bottled and come from small, family owned and operated wineries.
Please note that the special sale pricing only applies when you buy 1 bottle of each of the featured wines below. Deal pricing is good through April 30, 2021.
Curbside Pickup Only — No in-store shopping. Use the contact form at the bottom of this post or call us at 828.505.8588 to place your order today.
1. 2018 Borgo Paglianetto ‘Terravignata’ Verdicchio di Matelica (Marche, Italy) – Verdicchio is one of Italy’s most prized white grapes, and this is a great introduction to its stylings. The tiny, certified organic Borgo Paglianetto, though new on the scene, is already garnering much praise for this wine. Bone dry, crisp, and mineralic, this one exudes bright notes of green apple, citrus, green herbs, and saline minerality. Great by itself on a warm and sunny day, it’s also one of of the all time great seafood wines.
2. 2020 Avinyo Petillant (Penedes, Spain) – Avinyo is well-known for producing wonderful, estate bottled Cava, but their lightly spritzy, dry white is also super. A blend of Muscat, Macabeo, and Xarel-lo from their certified organic vineyards in Penedes, this is amazingly aromatic. Gorgeous notes of rose petal, lime, melon, ginger, and orange zest all make an appearance. At just 10.5% alcohol, this zesty, bone dry white would light it up with spring/summer salads and other fresh fare.
3. 2020 Bodegas Olivares Rosado (Jumilla, Spain) – This is brand new to the store, but I suspect it will become a customer favorite. From one of the top estates in Jumilla, this blend of organic Garnacha (70%) and Monastrell (30%) drinks like a really good Provencal rose. It would be fabulous with tuna sashimi. “Fresh peach and strawberry aromas pick up a spicy nuance with air. Silky and focused on the palate, offering juicy red fruit and bitter citrus pith flavors and a touch of candied flowers.” – Vinous Media – 91 points
4. 2019 Domaine du Prieure Bourgogne-Hautes Cotes de Beaune (Burgundy, France) – This family-run estate based in the village of Savigny-les-Beaune makes some of Burgundy’s greatest values. This is one of them! From a 40 year old, single vineyard located at the highest elevation in Savigny, this is pure and sensual Pinot Noir. Medium-bodied, super silky, and flowing with graceful notes of dark cherry, black tea, exotic spice, and just a hint of earth, it goes down a little too easy. Enjoy with a simple charcuterie spread.
5. 2019 Casa Silva Carmenere ‘Cuvee Colchagua’ (Colchagua Valley, Chile) – The Silva family planted some of the first vineyards in the Colchagua Valley, one of Chile’s top growing zones. Over the years, they have become one of the country’s leading producers of Carmenere, a grape that is originally from Bordeaux. Carmenere loves to be paired with grilled meats, but it’s also smooth enough to enjoy without food. “It is a dark reddish violet in the glass, with an herbal, minty nose over a base of blackberry and cassis. On the palate it is well defined and fleshy, featuring polished tannins and an intensely pleasurable flavor and structure that enhance the overall profile.” – Vinous Media – 90 points
6. 2019 Domaine de Piaugier Sablet Rouge (Rhone Valley, France) – We’ll wrap things up with one of the finest Southern Rhone values on the planet. From the village of Sablet, just north of Gigondas, this Grenache/Syrah blend hits a lot of sweet spots for a lot of palates. Ripe, rich, and beautifully textured, this one offers up aromas and flavors of dark berries, raspberry, pepper, violet, and garrigue. Perfect with any sort of grilled meat.
To order, use the contact form below or call us at 828.505.8588.
Owner, Operator, Wine Monger
Table Wine Asheville