Saturday, February 9th from 2-5pm – Red Zinfandel lovers unite! Join us for a free wine tasting featuring 5 different Red Zins from California. It’s gonna’ be tasty and fun — don’t miss it!
I love Red Zinfandel and I am super excited about this tasting! Zinfandel, with it’s hearty, spicy and robust character, has become one of California’s most loved red wines. Originally from Croatia, the grape made its way to Southern Italy before coming to America in the 1850’s. The grape is naturally high in acidity and its spicy, berry-scented and flavored style is hard to resist. Even more interesting is the fact that it is grown in a number of California regions, each version tastes different. Join us as we take you on a Red Zinfandel journey, from Sonoma and Amador County to Lodi and Napa Valley. It’s gonna’ be a fun ride, it’s free, and all of the featured tasting wines are 20% off by the bottle. Stop by!
Asheville’s Best Free Wine Tasting – Just stop by – we’ve got plenty of free parking!
Don’t forget, all the featured tasting wines are 20% off by the bottle on tasting day.
1. 2015 Gen5 Old Vine Zinfandel (Lodi, California) – Here’s the top value of the tasting! 100% estate grown and including vines up to 90 years old, it is “medium-bodied wine has plenty of plummy flavors and a spicy streak of black pepper and smoke running through it from the aroma to the finish.” Wine Enthusiast – 87 points
2. 2015 Easton Wines Zinfandel (Amador County, California) – Bill Easton is one of the pioneers of Amador’s modern winemaking era, founding his winery in 1984. And his wines still lead the pack in terms of quality. His Zin “(e)pitomizes fine Sierra Foothills Zinfandel, offering vibrant, briary raspberry, smoked pepper and wild sweet anise flavors that stretch out on the zesty finish.” Wine Spectator – 92 points
3. 2016 Field Recordings Fiction Red Blend (Paso Robles, California) – This has quickly become a staff and customer favorite at the store, and I recently bought my supplier out. It’s not all Zin, as it includes several other grapes, but it shows that classic, ripe and rich Paso Robles character. You’re gonna’ love it!
4. 2017 Bedrock Wine Company Old Vine Zinfandel (Various Regions, California) – Bedrock continues to wow palates nationwide. Morgan Twain-Peterson and his team produce this wine using fruit from multiple, very old North Coast vineyards. It’s gutsy, it’s full of personality, and it’s loaded with ripe notes of brambly blueberry, boysenberry, and spicy oak.
5. Surprise Wine – We always end the tasting with a special surprise. Trust me, this one’s gonna’ be super special.
Owner/Operator at Table Wine