Saturday, December 16th from 2-5pm – Join us for our Annual Christmas and Holiday Wine Tasting and save big on 12 different holiday-appropriate wines.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! With the holiday season upon us, you are officially invited to stop by the store, taste, stock up, and save big on a dozen awesome wines. Richard McKinney and Lauren Shrewbridge of Tryon Distributing join us to pour a diverse and eclectic batch of wines. From festive bubbles and awesome values for your holiday parties to top-shelf wines perfect for gift-giving, we’ll have all bases covered. Mark your calendars and spread the word, as this is our last BIG tasting of 2017.
All of the featured tasting wines are being offered at 20% off by the bottle on tasting day! All sales must be tendered by the end of business on Saturday unless other arrangements are made. Email us at [email protected] with questions.
1. 2014 Saint-Hilaire Blanquette de Limoux (Languedoc, France) – This is consistently one of the best bubbles for your buck on the market. Made just like Champagne, but costing a fraction of the price, this blend of Mauzac, Chardonnay, and Chenin Blanc, it displays notes of creamy lemon curd and brioche.
2. 2016 Cantine Elvio Tintero Arneis (Piemonte, Italy) – They don’t just make Barolo and Barbaresco in Italy’s Piemonte region! Arneis is one of the key white varietals, and it produces fresh, crisp, and bright white wines. Perfect as an aperitif, it also works wonders with fish and seafood preparations.
3. 2015 Domaine Roger Neveu Sancerre Vieilles Vignes “Pierre-Francois Xavier” (Loire Valley, France) – Made only 9 times since 1990, this is one of the finest Sancerres I’ve ever tasted. When the family decides to make this one, they only make 4 barrels from their oldest vines, and they ferment and age in oak. I bought my distributor out of this one — can’t wait for you to try it!
4. 2015 Famille Hugel Gentil (Alsace, France) – Hugel Gentil is a traditional Alsace blend of varying amounts of Gewurztraminer, Pinot Gris, Riesling, Muscat and Sylvaner. Dry, yet fresh and fruit-filled, this one does the trick with ham and turkey……….it’s also great as a cocktail wine.
5. 2016 Domaine de la Prébende Beaujolais Rouge (Beaujolais, France) – This isn’t your typical, simple Beaujolais……….not even close. Part of the Kermit Lynch portfolio, this one is made with very old vines, it’s never chapitalized, and it’s vinified completely without SO2. This “vin du naturel” is loaded with soul and personality — think snappy, lively red fruits and mineral. Pure chugging pleasure!
6. 2016 Elouan Pinot Noir (Willamette Valley, Oregon) – After selling Meiomi for $315 million, Joe Wagner invested his time, money, and energy into this Oregon project. It’s got the classic Wagner-touch — rich, silky, great with or without food.
7. 2015 Finca Decero Malbec “Remolinos Vineyard” (Mendoza, Argentina) – Decero crafts one of our top-selling Malbecs, and their wines just continue to get better year-after-year. With rich, warm, and spicy berry fruit along with subtle notions of violet and French oak, this inviting red wine would be perfect for filet mignon.
8. 2012 Chateau Aney Haut-Médoc (Bordeaux, France) – This left-bank château lies strategically between St-Julien and Margaux, but their wines sell for a fraction of the price. 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Merlot, with bits of Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot, the wine is aged for 3 years before release. It is a wonderful rendition of traditionally-styled Bordeaux. Perfect for standing rib roast.
9. 2014 Marietta Cellars Armé (North Coast, California) – The estate’s Bordeaux-styled blend contains 86% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Malbec, 5% Merlot, and 2% Petit Verdot, and it was aged for 20 months in neutral barrels. “Cool and savory, but with considerable depth, the 2014 Armé is another knock-out wine from Scot Bilbro. Readers looking for a value-priced California Cabernet will flip out over this wine. This is a very serious wine for the money.” – Vinous Media – 92 points
10. 2015 Southern Belle Red Blend (Murcia, Spain) – 50% Monastrell and 50% Syrah aged in used Pappy van Winkle bourbon barrels. Yep! It’s big, it’s plush, it’s perfect to give as a gift to the wine and bourbon lover in your life.
11. 2015 Tank Garage Winery All or Nothing Red Blend (Napa Valley, California) – This aptly named winery is located in an old garage in Calistoga, and their wines are super! The All or Nothing Red Blend is 100% Napa Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Sirah, Malbec, and a few others. It is big, broad, plush…………we like to call it a “Pleasure Bomb” of a wine!
Owner/Operator at Table Wine