Saturday, May 4th from 2-5pm – Join us for Asheville’s best free wine tasting and sample 5 World Class Whites from top producers and terroirs around the world.
A lot of of you have been asking for an all white wine tasting, and we’re giving you what you want. Join us as we pull the corks on some rocking-good and diverse white wines from around the globe. From New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc and Austrian Gruner Veltliner to White Burgundy and a Southern French White Blend, we’re hitting some serious high points for this free tasting. And all you have to do is stop by, taste, learn, and save big every Saturday at Table Wine.
Asheville’s Best Free Wine Tasting – Just stop by – we’ve got plenty of free parking!
Don’t forget, all the featured tasting wines are 20% off by the bottle on tasting day.
1. 2017 Huia Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough, New Zealand) – Talk about a masterpiece of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc! From Huia’s certified organic and biodynamic estate vineyards, the wine is fermented in a combination of stainless steel and neutral French oak. The oak component really adds a beautiful texture to the wine and it also contributes more aromatic and flavor diversity. Guava, lime, gooseberry, green herbs, mineral, and on and on and on…….
2. 2016 Roland Minkowitsch Gruner Veltliner (Weinviertel, Austria) –Martin and Blandine Minkowitsch are 15th generation growers/producers and they make their wines in a very traditional manner. They still crush their grapes in a large wooden press from 1820, they ferment with indigenous yeasts, and they age their wines in large oak foudres. The resulting wine shows an awesome interplay of richness and freshness with notes of ripe apple, pear, white pepper and herbs.
3. 2017 Olivier Leflaive Bourgogne Blanc ‘Les Setilles’ (Burgundy, France) – One of the top White Burgundy values to be found anywhere on the planet, Leflaive’s Les Setilles is composed of grapes from Meursault and Puligny-Montrachet. Boasting classy and stylish notes of sleep apple, pear, lemon, roasted nut, and mineral, it’s a ton of wine for the money.
4. 2018 Domaine Lafage Miraflors Blanc (Roussillon, France) – This one is going to make some of you all very happy! Lafage’s highly aromatic and dangerously drinkable Miraflors Blanc is back and it’s better than ever. An insane blend of Grenache Blanc, Grenache Gris, Muscat and a few other grapes, it’s like sunshine and spring flowers in a bottle.
5. Surprise Wine – It’s gonna’ be good! Guaranteed!!
Owner/Operator at Table Wine