The wines aren’t cheap, but they are absolutely delicious and this is a great opportunity to taste a bunch of high class, low production wines for a small fee. This will be a tasting and pre-sell event, and all of the wines will be offered at substantial discounts. We will open just one bottle of each wine, so I’d plan to get here early if I were you. We hope you can make it!
Here’s the lineup:
1. Sparkling Brut – 75% Pinot Noir and 25% Chardonnay from high altitude vineyards in Mendoza, this 500 case cuvée is full bodied and toasty, with lovely apple pie and bread dough notes.
2. Sparkling Rosé – Almost all Pinot Noir, this is really pretty with a nice bead (aka bubble) along with delicate red fruit notes, spice, mineral and brioche.
3. Limitado Quadra White Blend – Super aromatic and beautiful, this is a blend of Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Viognier and Torrontes aged in a combination of oak and stainless steel. Ripe peach, apricot, spiced apple, honeysuckle and on and one.
4. Limitado Quadro Red Blend – It starts to get really interesting here, with this blend of Malbec, Cab, Syrah and Tempranillo. I love the sparklers and the white, but red is where Puro Uno really shines. Dark, full bodied and full flavored, this polished red is packed with ripe blueberry, blackberry and black cherry fruit along with nuances of vanilla and spicy oak.
5. Limitado Malbec – We kick it up another notch with the Limitado Malbec, a limited production, super rich and intense Malbec from prime vineyard sites in the Lujan de Cuyo, the prime spot in Mendoza for Malbec. This one will take your breath away.
6. Gran Reserva Malbec – This one retails for about $140, just like the top wine from Catena and Achaval Ferrer, and I think it’s better. Worthy of a 95+ point score, this wine is a bit like drinking a really fine vintage Port, but without sweetness. It’s worth $10 just to come by and try this one.