Join us this Saturday for a free wine tasting showcasing 6 Turkey Day Favorites with Mike Tiano of the Haw River Wine Man!
It’s the Saturday before Thanksgiving, and it’s time to stock up on wine perfect for the feast. We’re here to help! Stop by the store to taste a broad range of turkey, ham, and family-friendly wines. From stunning, small-grower Prosecco to big, 94-point-rated Zinfandel, we’ll cover all bases and help you pick out the perfect wine(s) for your Thanksgiving celebrations. Stop by, taste, learn, and save every Friday at Table Wine.
All of the featured tasting wines are being offered at 20% off by the bottle! All sales must be tendered by the end of business on Saturday unless other arrangements are made. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
1. NV Bele Casel Prosecco Asolo Superiore Extra-Dry (Veneto, Italy) – This is just classic, very fine Prosecco from a smaller grower/producer. Bursting with notes of ripe pear, apple, and white flowers, it goes down very easy.
Special Tasting Price: $11.99/bottle
2. 2016 Marziano Abbona Favorita “Valle d’Olmo” (Piemonte, Italy) –This is one of our favorite new whites in the store! Composed entirely of Favorita, it is fresh, dry, and beautifully aromatic white exotic fruits and floral notes.
Special Tasting Price: $12.79/bottle
3. 2015 Lis Neris Pinot Grigio (Friuli, Italy) – Not all Pinot Grigios are created equally, and you’ll understand that fully when you taste this one. From one of the region’s greatest producers, this is full, rich, and highly expressive Pinot Grigio. So good!
Special Tasting Price: $19.99/bottle
4. 2015 Capitain-Gagnerot Bourgogne Rouge (Burgundy, France) – The 15’ vintage in Burgundy is a great one, and this is hand’s down one of the best Red Burgundy values of the vintage. From a single vineyard planted back in 1952, this is rich, silky, and sensual Pinot Noir at its finest.
Special Tasting Price: $20.79/bottle
5. 2015 Cordero di Montezemolo Barbera d’Alba (Piemonte, Italy) – Talk about a brilliant Barbera! From the highly acclaimed 2015 vintage, this is a picture-perfect red for the feast. Loaded with ripe black cherry, raspberry, and plum notes, it is big, but seamlessly textured.
Special Tasting Price: $19.19/bottle
6. 2014 Limerick Lane Zinfandel (Russian River Valley, California) – This is one of California’s hottest Zinfandel producers and for good reason. Owner Jake Bilbro makes “pleasure-bomb” styled wines, and this is a fine example. From old, gnarly vines, this is beautiful Zinfandel with great polish and form. 94 points – Wine Advocate
Special Tasting Price: $39.99/bottle