You’re cordially invited to Asheville’s best free wine tasting. Trust me, you don’t want to miss the chance to taste a bunch of Exciting New Arrivals.
Asheville’s Best Free Wine Tasting – Just stop by – we’ve got plenty of free parking!
With Christmas less than 2 weeks away, we’re pouring more and better wines than anyone else in Western North Carolina. And we’re just getting started! Make sure you stop back by tomorrow from 2-5pm for our Big, Free Christmas and Holiday Wine Tasting with our friends from Tryon Distributing. But before that happens, how about testing out one of the best Chardonnays made in the Southern hemisphere? How about a 93 point-rated Pinot Noir crafted by Master Sommelier Geoff Kruth? Have I got your attention yet? Stop by, taste, learn, and save every Friday at Table Wine!
All the featured tasting wines are 20% off by the bottle on tasting day only.
1. 2017 Spy Valley Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough, New Zealand): Spy Valley makes one of my favorite New Zealand Sauvignon Blancs. Brimming with zesty and fleshy mango, green apple, citrus and herbs, it’s refreshing, invigorating, and just plain delicious.
2. Kumeu River Chardonnay (Auckland, New Zealand): For me, Kumeu River makes the finest Chardonnay in the Southern Hemisphere. And I’m not the only one who thinks so, as these wines have taken top honors in blind tastings against much more expensive White Burgundies — read about that here. “The estate blend is a terrific value in this vintage, coming close to equaling the quality of the single-vineyard wines. Grilled pineapple and melon notes feature a strong acid line that drives through into a long finish.” – Wine Enthusiast
3. 2014 Lost and Found Pinot Noir (Russian River Valley, California) – “A project of Master Sommelier Geoff Kruth with the assistance of winemaker Megan Glaab of Ryme Cellars, this is a light beguiling take on the famous appellation’s most famous variety—one wrapped in crisp crunchy red fruit and floral aromatics of rose. Dried cherry highlights tight focused acidity and soft delicate layers of silky texture for a satisfying combination of elegance and quiet oak.” – Wine Enthusiast – 93 points
4. 2014 Garofoli Rosso Conero Piancarda (Marche, Italy) – Composed entirely of Montepulciano, which can often be super hearty and robust, this is a more elegant and seamless style. Ripe, yet silky and smooth, this one offers up “a vivacious mix of ripe mulberry and plum fruit, with hints of graphite, wild herb and allspice,” says Wine Spectator. It’s a great value as well!
5. 2015 Michel Gassier Cotes du Rhone Rouge Cercius (Rhone Valley, France) – We’ll end with a rock-star Rhone from small grower/producer Michel Gassier. Composed of 85% Grenache and 15% Syrah, it’s “a gorgeous, sexy and seamless Southern Rhone that offers loads of sweet cherry, black raspberries, lavender, licorice and Provencal herbs in its medium to full-bodied.” Wine Advocate – 90 points