Christmas is just a few days away, and we’re pleased to host another free wine tasting featuring some Classic Christmas Wines from our friends at Advintage Distributing.
It’s the weekend before Christmas and the good wines will be flowing at Table Wine! Join us to sample half a dozen holiday-appropriate wines, from world-class bubbles to grand reds….and everything in between. Sara Helmkamp and Anne Kaufmann, of Advintage Distributing, will be in the house pouring and discussing the wines. It’s the best free wine tasting in Asheville, and all you have to do is stop by, taste, learn, and save big on all of the featured tasting wines.
All of the featured tasting wines are being offered at 20% off by the bottle!
1. 2015 Raventos I Blanc De Nit Brut Sparkling Wine (Conca del Riu Anoia, Spain) – Raventos I Blanc is Spain’s first-family of sparkling wine, and this is a great introduction to the house style. A blend of biodynamically farmed Macabeo, Xarel-lo, Parellada, and Monastrell, it is pale-pink in color, but intense with powerful citrus, red berry, blood orange, and mineral notes.
Special Tasting Price: $22.39/bottle
2. 2016 Stefano Massone Gavi “Masera” (Piemonte, Italy) – Stefano Massone specializes in Gavi, one of the most important white wines of Italy’s Piemonte zone. Based entirely on Italy’s native Cortese grape, this light, yet highly aromatic and flavorful white wine is a natural fit for fish and fresh seafood.
Special Tasting Price: $11.19/bottle
3. 2016 Huia Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough, New Zealand) – From Huia’s certified organic, practicing biodynamic estate vineyards, the wine is fermented in a combination of stainless steel and neutral French oak. The oak component really adds a beautiful texture to the wine and it also contributes more aromatic and flavor diversity. Guava, lime, gooseberry, green herbs, mineral, and on and on and on…….
Special Tasting Price: $15.99/bottle
4. 2015 Bench Pinot Noir (Sonoma Coast, California) – Sourced primarily from Sonoma’s famed Sangiacomo Amaral Vineyard, Bench’s Pinot Noir offers up tons of complexity and nuance at a very fair price. Medium-bodied, seamless, and displaying an abundance or ripe red fruits, exotic spices, cola, and earth, it’s a great one for poultry, pork tenderloin, and salmon.
Special Tasting Price: $19.99/bottle
5. 2016 Barbanera Ser Passo Toscana Rosso (Tuscany, Italy) – This rich and smooth Sangiovese-based red is just pure pleasure. Loaded with ripe notes of cherry and plum, with hints of chocolate and vanilla, this is the perfect cocktail red.
Special Tasting Price: $9.59/bottle
6. 2015 Bench Cabernet Sauvignon (Knights Valley, California) – Like their Pinot Noir, Bench’s Cab is a ton of wine for the money. From a rocking-good vintage and from a single-vineyard, it flows with aromas and flavors of blackberry, black cherry, dusty earth, cedar, and oak spice. Powerful enough to stand up to beef and lamb, it’s also a great one to sip without food as it opens up very nicely with air and time.
Special Tasting Price: $20.79/bottle