Saturday, September 7th from 2-5 pm – It’s the best free wine tasting in town, and you’re invited! Stop by this Saturday to sample 5 new arrivals to the store.
As summer turns to fall, you’ll notice that the wine selections at the store change a bit. In anticipation of the cooler fall weather, we say goodbye to a lot of summer wines as we welcome lots of rich and fuller bodied whites and reds. Join us as we introduce you to some new favorites guaranteed to please all palates. Stop by, taste, learn, and save every Saturday at Table Wine!
Asheville’s Best Free Wine Tasting – Just stop by – we’ve got plenty of free parking!
Don’t forget, all the featured tasting wines are 20% off by the bottle on tasting day.
1. 2018 Alois Lageder ‘Riff’ Pinot Grigio (Delle Venezie, Italy) – Alois Lageder is one of the most respected names in Northeastern Italian wine. And his value-priced Pinot Grigio is always a stellar value. Clean, easy to drink, and exhibiting nice notes of pear, apple, and white flowers, it’s a winner.
2. 2018 Bodegas Muga Rioja Blanco (Rioja, Spain) – Muga gets tons of attention for their red wines, but we think their white deserves equal attention. A blend of 90% Viura and 10% Malvasia, the wine is fermented in French oak and aged on the lees for 3 months. Medium bodied and flavor-packed, this one offers up lovely notes of pear, white peach, lemon and spice.
3. 2018 Plantamura Gioia delle Colle Primitivo (Puglia, Italy) – From one of the top estates in Puglia, Mariangela Plantamura farms organically, harvests incredibly low yields, and makes one of the top Primitivos in Italy. And we’re loving the new vintage of this one. Showing ripe notes of red and black fruits along with nice spice and lifted acidity, it’s Italian Zinfandel done right!
4. 2016 Enrique Mendoza Monastrell ‘La Tremenda’ (Alicante, Spain) – Monastrell, aka Mourvedre, is one of Southern Spain’s most important grapes. And Enrique Mendoza is one of the region’s top producers. Their entry level red packs a ton of flavor in at a great price. “It has the character of the variety, with its elegant rusticity with a fresh, herbal twist and a palate with fine-grained tannins, nicely textured and with a supple, very tasty finish.” – Wine Advocate – 92 points
5. Surprise Wine – We’ll end with a special treat and we’ll only open 1 bottle of this one. Get here early!
Owner/Operator at Table Wine