Saturday, June 1st from 2-5pm – Get your June off to a good start with Asheville’s best free wine tasting! This week, we’ll pour five delicious new arrivals. These are wines that we’ve never poured before, so get by and taste what’s new at Table Wine.
Asheville’s Best Free Wine Tasting – Just stop by – we’ve got plenty of free parking!
What’s new, what’s hot (besides the weather), and which wines are folks talking about? Join us for this tasting to sample a bunch of new and fantastic wines that have us and our customers excited. We’ve enjoyed a record spring season of sales, and when you’re selling a lot of wine, you’ve got to stock a lot of wine. And you’ve got to keep it fresh with new selections from all parts of the globe. I’m confident that we do this job better than any other store in Western North Carolina. Come see us, and taste what I’m talking about. Taste, learn, and save every Saturday at Table Wine!
All of the featured tasting wines are 20% off by the bottle on tasting day only.
1. 2017 Le Poggere Est! Est!! Est!!! di Montefiascone (Lazio, Italy) – With a name like that, you know this one’s got a story! David will fill you in there, but to save space on your tasting sheet, we’ll keep it simple. This blend of Trebbiano, Malvasia, and Roscetto is the type of white wine you would encounter at neighborhood Roman trattoria. Fresh, crisp, nicely aromatic and straightforward, it’s a great alternative to Pinot Grigio.
2. 2017 Encostas do Lima Vinho Verde Branco (Portugal) – Vinho Verde is Portugal’s most exported wine, and it tastes oh-so-good on hot and sunny days. This one offers up that classic spritz to go along with aromas and flavors of lime, green apple, and crisp pear. Buy 2 bottles — you’ll thank us!
3. Surprise Wine – It’s a brand new dry rosé from one of Provence’s most iconic producers. If you drink the pink, you’re gonna’ love this one!
4. 2017 Bodegas Luzon Coleccion Monastrell (Jumilla, Spain) – The Monastrell (aka Mourvedre) grape is responsible for some of Spain’s top red wine values, and the version from Bodegas Luzon is a prime example. Balancing rich and ripe fruit with refreshing acidity, this one belongs on the table with your favorite bbq or grilled meats. Wait until you see the price!
5. 2016 MWC Cabernet Sauvignon (Victoria, Australia) – The MWC stands for the McPherson Wine Company, and the McPherson family have been making wines since 1968. I was immediately drawn to this Cab due to it’s elegance and more medium-bodied personality. With lively notes of black currant, dark cherry, mint and herb, it’s a great cocktail/warm weather Cab.
Owner/Operator at Table Wine