This will be the perfect opportunity to “try before you buy” some fantastic wines and truffles from Les and Barb Norman of Blue Moon Chocolatiers. If you haven’t tried their truffles yet, you are doing yourself a major dis-service as they are dangerously delicious. We’ll have plenty of great wine and plenty of truffles to sell, so be sure to stop by.
The fun runs from 2:00 to 5:00 (or until we run out of truffles and wine) on Saturday, February 11 and it’s free. Here are the wines we’ll sample.
1. Garofoli Guelfo Verde – This sparkling wine is composed of Verdicchio and Chardonnay from the Les Marches region of Italy. It is somewhat reminiscent of a Prosecco with a dry, but fruit-forward personality. A great bargain and everyone should have some bubbles for Valentine’s Day.
2. Foxglove Zinfandel – Here is the best value red Zinfandel we carry! The Varner family do a great job with their Foxglove line, delivering great wines at great prices. This rich and spicy Zin should taste great with the chipotle truffles!
3. Errazuriz Cabernet Sauvignon – This is a stunning value in high quality Cab from one of Chile’s greatest producers. Dark berry fruit, spices and smoky mocha burst out of the glass of this “chocolate-friendly” wine.
4. Rio Madre Rioja “Graciano” – This is one of the darkest Riojas I’ve ever laid eyes on! Composed entirely of Graciano, a thick skinned varietal native to Rioja, this one take a bit to open up, but once it does, it’s all blueberry, blackberry and you guessed it………..bittersweet chocolate.
5. Sant Evasio Brachetto d’Aqui – Brachetto could be the best wine to pair with chocolate on the planet. Sweet and fizzy with ripe strawberry and raspberry fruit, this one is just simply delicious and very appropriate for Valentine’s day sipping…………..with truffles of course!
6. Surprise Wine – It’s rich, it’s sweet and it’s delicious – even more so with chocolate. What will it be?