Friday, December 21st from 4-7pm – Stop by this Friday for Asheville’s best free wine tasting. We’re pouring 6 Classic Christmas Wines both today and tomorrow, and you’re invited.
Asheville’s Best Free Christmas Wine Tasting – Just stop by – we’ve got plenty of free parking!
Christmastime is here! And it’s time to stock up on wines that are guaranteed to bring you joy and cheer. And whether you need great values for casual sipping or grand wines to serve with your holiday feasts, we’ve got you covered. This is a terrific opportunity to try before you buy and save big on some of my favorite holiday libations. And don’t forget, we’ll be closed both Christmas day and the day after — stock up so you don’t run out!
All the featured tasting wines are 20% off by the bottle on tasting day only.
1. 2017 Alla Costiera Prosecco (Veneto, Italy) – Simply put, this is the best Prosecco I’ve ever tasted! Filippo Gamba farms his old Glera vines organically, he ferments with native yeasts, and he makes about 500 cases of this one in a good year. It’s gorgeous with aromas and flavors of ripe pear, golden apple, and white flowers.
2. 2017 Domaine Duffour Cotes de Gascogne (Southwestern France): Here’s the quintessential “white table wine,” and it sells for a song. Similar to Sauvignon Blanc, with bright and crisp notes 0f lime, green apple, grapefruit, and herbs, it’s a great stand-alone sipper, but it also pairs nicely with all sorts of seafood/fish, ham, and poultry dishes.
3. 2016 Nals Margreid Pinot Grigio “Punggl” (Alto Adige, Italy) – This is always ranked as one of the top Pinot Grigios in the world, and the 2016 is certainly in the running for that title. “This is a fresh white with mango and pineapple character. Full body, layered and exotic. Rich and flavorful yet always vivid and fresh. Big and rich.” – James Suckling – 93 points
4. 2017 Familia Schroeder Saurus Pinot Noir (Patagonia, Argentina) – One of my favorite Pinot Noir values in the store, this totally out-classes Meiomi, and it sells for less. With silky and smooth flavors of ripe cherry, violet, and baking spices, this medium-bodied Pinot Noir is pure class.
5. 2016 Domaine Amido Cotes du Rhone Villages “Signargues” (Rhone Valley, France) – This is our top-seller of all time. Mostly Grenache, with a bit of Syrah and Mourvedre, this one is all about pure pleasure. Rich, ripe, and voluptuous, it shows off notes of ripe kirsch, blueberry, raspberry, pepper, and spice. It’s full-bodied, yet round, soft, and fine-grained.
6. 2016 Day Wines Zinfandel (Sonoma County, California) – This is a dead-ringer for Turley Zinfandel, and there’s a good reason for that. Day Wines is Ehren Jordan’s new Zinfandel venture, and Ehren was previously the winemaker at Turley. Rich, full-bodied, full flavored and generously textured, this is outrageously delicious.
Owner/Operator at Table Wine