Saturday, July 6th from 2-5pm – Join us for a free wine tasting featuring an all-star cast of Mediterranean wines. It’s summer, so get happy while you taste some sunny, luscious, and exotic wines.
Asheville’s Best Free Wine Tasting – Just stop by – we’ve got plenty of free parking!
Water often plays a huge role in the world of wine. It’s ability to provide a cooling factor are especially important in the wine producing regions of the Mediterranean sea. Almost all of these regions enjoy warm/hot and sunny days, but the sea cools these areas down at night, giving the grapes a chance to rest. This in turn provides for freshness in the whites, roses, and reds of these zones. Stop by this Saturday to learn more, taste, and save big at Table Wine.
All of the featured tasting wines are 20% off by the bottle on tasting day only.
1. 2018 Vetriccie Ile de Beaute Blanc (Corsica, France) – Vermentino is one of the most important white grapes in the Mediterranean. It can get quite ripe and fleshy, but it still maintains refreshing acidity to balance out its overt personality. Vetriccie, one of our favorite value-oriented Corsican producers blends Vermentino with Chardonnay to create a fresh and racy white wine.
2. 2018 Skouras Assyrtiko (Peloponnese, Greece) – We’ve never been as excited about Greek wines as we are right now at TW! Taste this one and you’ll know why. Assyrtiko is the grape responsible for the epic white wines of Santorini, but here, it’s made in a more fun and playful style. Don’t worry, it’s plenty serious! Just 500 cases produced and this one shows lovely citrus, salty minerality, and hints of fennel and herb.
3. 2018 Domaine Casa Rossa Rose (Corsica, France) – We’re heading back to Corsica because it’s the new hot spot for dry rosé. This one blends the island’s native grapes together to create a light, crisp, and dry rendition of rosé with strong notes of watermelon and summer herbs.
4. 2018 Sentinelles de Massiac Minervois (Languedoc, France) – Year in and year out this is one of our favorites to have on hand for cookouts, bbq, and whatnot. A blend of primarily Syrah with a splash of Carignan, it’s rich, plump, and juicy, but not just a simple fruit bomb. Sure, there’s plenty of rich blue fruit, but there’s also subtle hints of smoked meat, pepper, sage, and rosemary.
5. Surprise Wine – We’ll end with a BOMB WINE! Please note, we only open 1 bottle of this one. When it’s gone, it’s gone.
Owner/Operator at Table Wine