We are extremely excited to announce our partnership with LEAF Community Arts in 2016 with the release of the LEAF Choice Wines — more on that below, but a little bit about LEAF to start! This incredible non-profit organization strives to build community, connect cultures, and enrich lives through the arts – both locally and globally – with festivals, community events and arts and education programs. Many of you have surely experienced the magic of LEAF at one of their bi-annual festivals at Lake Eden in Black Mountain, at LEAF downtown (July 30th and 31st this year), or through one of their cultural outreach programs. Needless to say, this is a busy and passionate group of individuals, and we truly appreciate all that they add to our community as well as to those abroad.
How do we help? Through wine of course! After meeting with the LEAF team and finding a common ground between their mission and ours, we decided that the wines from South Africa’s Indaba Winery were the right fit. Indaba is one of the most sustainable, forward thinking, and socially responsible wineries in the world (click on the link to learn more) and the wines are both delicious and affordable. Through the end of 2016, any time you buy a bottle of Indaba (there are 5 different wines to choose from), Table Wine will donate 10% of each sale back to LEAF.
So there you go, who ever thought that buying and drinking delicious wine(s) could help such a great cause. If you are not familiar with how to get to Table Wine, click here for directions. You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the store at 828.505.8588 for directions, more information on the wines, or to place an order. Cheers to LEAF and cheers to you!
All wines are $10.99/bottle and we offer a 10% discount when you mix any 6 bottles and a 15% discount when you mix and 12 bottles.
1. 2015 Indaba Sauvignon Blanc – Inviting tropical fruit and citrus aromas lead to fresh flavors of pineapple, lemon-lime, mango and green fig, supported by a solid acidity.
2. 2015 Indaba Chenin Blanc – Chenin Blanc is South Africa’s most widely planted varietal and the Cape’s signature white. This bright, easy-drinking version provides lively flavors of honeyed pear, golden delicious apple and luscious tropical fruit.
3. 2014 Indaba Chardonnay – Bright tropical fruit aromas lead to a crisp, fresh palate with mouth-filling flavors of apple, pear, honey, and pineapple. A whisper of oak adds a creamy butterscotch nuance and wonderful depth.
4. 2014 Indaba Merlot – Crafted in a fresh, clean style, this velvety Merlot offers enticing aromas and bright, juicy flavors of cherry, dark berry and plum backed by subtle mocha and herbal nuances and a delicate minerality.
5. 2014 Indaba Mosaic – This lip-smacking Bordeaux blend displays alluring aromas and juicy flavors of blackcurrant, ripe brambly berry fruit and dark chocolate, with subtle spice notes. Soft, gentle tannins coat the palate, enticing you to take another sip!