Saturday, December 23rd from 2-5pm – Christmas is almost here, and we’re having a last-minute free wine tasting showcasing some awesome Christmas Wines brought to us by our friends at Advintage Distributing.
It’s the weekend before Christmas and the good wines will be flowing at Table Wine! Join us to sample half a dozen holiday-appropriate wines, from world-class bubbles to grand reds….and everything in between. Sara Helmkamp and Anne Kaufmann, of Advintage Distributing, will be in the house pouring and discussing the wines. It’s the best free wine tasting in Asheville, and all you have to do is stop by, taste, learn, and save big on all of the featured tasting wines.
All of the featured tasting wines are being offered at 20% off by the bottle!
1. 2015 Raventos I Blanc De Nit Brut Sparkling Wine (Conca del Riu Anoia, Spain) – Raventos I Blanc is Spain’s first-family of sparkling wine, and this is a great introduction to the house style. A blend of biodynamically farmed Macabeo, Xarel-lo, Parellada, and Monastrell, it is pale-pink in color, but intense with powerful citrus, red berry, blood orange, and mineral notes.
Special Tasting Price: $22.39/bottle
2. 2016 Neboa Albarino (Rias Baixas, Spain) – This wine comes from 75 year old, hillside vineyards planted on slate……….a similar situation to Mosel Riesling. Flowing with floral infused peach, apricot, and citrus nuances, this is the best Albarino on the market for the money. Perfect to serve with all variety of fish and seafood too.
Special Tasting Price: $13.59/bottle
3. 2016 Philippe Girard Sancerre Cuvée Silex (Loire Valley, France) – Here’s a stellar version of Sancerre, France’s most prized Sauvignon Blanc based wine. Grown in flinty soils along the shores of the Loire River, this one just rocks my world. Intense notes of gooseberry, lemon curd, mineral and green herbs, you won’t find a better Sancerre for the money.
Special Tasting Price: $23.19/bottle
4. 2016 Domaine de Chantepierre Cotes du Rhone Rouge (Rhone Valley, France) – From a marvelous vintage in the Southern Rhone, this is one of my picks for the top red wine value of the year…….at Table Wine of course! A blend of Grenache, Syrah, and Mourvedre fermented entirely in concrete tanks, it is soft, plush and decadent with ripe notes of kirsch, dark berries, pepper, and herb. Great with lamb, great to sip on while you’re watching a game or a Christmas movie.
Special Tasting Price: $10.39/bottle
5. 2016 Brunelli Poggio Apricale (Tuscany, Italy) – If you’re looking for Brunell0-like style for less than $20, Brunelli’s Poggio Apricale is your new best friend. From Brunelli’s younger Sangiovese vines located in their vineyards in Montalcino and blended with 10% Merlot, it drinks like a top-flight Rosso di Montalcino, but costs a lot less.
Special Tasting Price: $15.99/bottle
6. 2015 Valravn Old Vine Zinfandel (Sonoma County, California) – It’s one our featured wines, and it’s a screaming-good value in Old Vine Zinfandel. Grapes come from old and ancient sites in the Dry Creek and Russian River Valleys, and the wine delivers crazy-good aromas and flavors of ripe and brambly berry fruit, spice, mocha and vanilla. It’s one of my new favorites and a wine I’ll be sipping often this fall and winter.
Special Tasting Price: $19.99/bottle
7. 2015 Bodegas Atamisque Malbec (Mendoza, Argentina) – This was the best Malbec I tasted in 2017 and for good reason! It is made with grapes from 80-year-old vines, some of the oldest in the region. Boasting heady and hedonistic notes of cassis, baked plum, blueberry, violet, and toasty oak, it’s full-bodied and powerful, yet seamless and opulent.
Special Tasting Price: $29.99/bottle
Owner/Operator at Table Wine