Just in time for Valentine’s Day, we’re excited to announce our second annual Truffle and Wine Pairing. Chocolate and wine, if paired properly, can be a very harmonious and delicious marriage. We’ll sample six of Barb Norman’s Blue Moon Truffles paired with six wines – when tasted together, the flavors will completely mesh and compliment one another.
The average retail price on the wines we’ll try will be $25 per bottle and this will be a seated, full table service tasting……….that means we will serve you! This one is all ready half way sold out, so if you’re interested in coming, call us at 828.505.8588 to pre-pay and reserve your spot.
$30/person…..$24 for Grape Nuts – space is limited
1. Fontanavecchia Prinicipe Lotario Spumante Brut – A dry sparkling rose of Aglianico from southern Italy. This lovely little number is bursting with delicate red fruits and should work incredibly well with Barb’s pink champagne truffle.
2. Alto Moncayo Veraton – This 100% old vine Grenache-based wine, with its aromas and flavors of ripe, creamy raspberry will be the perfect foil for the raspberry/white chocolate truffle.
3. Dave Phinney Locations E-1 Red Blend – Another Spanish red, based on Tempranillo, Grenache and Carignan, this is bursting with ripe berry fruit and notes of brown spice. Paired with the salted caramel truffle, it will be an experiment that we hope tastes good.
4. 2009 Ridge Geyserville – Geyserville is a big Zinfandel-based blend from one of California’s classic producers. It is full, rich and loaded with peppery spice, the perfect partner to a chipotle spice truffle.
5. Anderson’s Conn Valley Vineyards Right Bank – How about a 92 point rated Merlot/Cab Franc blend from Napa paired with a 72% dark chocolate truffle? This is gonna rock!
6. It’s a surprise! And it will be awesome.